Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 28 pitch thru 32 pitch, same speed

ghittner
    Is there any chance that trim tabs might raise my transom @ WOT enough to make any difference or would they just create more drag? I've never needed any as this boat planes instantly no matter what prop you run and there is zero chine walk @ 73 MPH.

MACHINEHEAD
    Water brakes wont help

ghittner
    Did your boat have an alpha at one time? That hull has many lifting strakes at the bow, seems like it would have some good lift if they ran most of the way back. Just for grins try a merc. revolution4 . Last I heard they only go up to 27" though. But it might steer you in the right direction. The imco style lower wont work on a non trim sesitive v-hull. Further, a 3" shorter anything probably wont do much. If you were going to move the drive up, I would go all the way to the top of the transom relief 5-6" up maybe.
    The strakes make almost a full run to the rear.

MACHINEHEAD
    Try to get a hold of a 27 rev4. I know it does not have enogh pitch but it may trade some possitive bow lift for total foward motion. Meaning that if you can get more of the front of the boat out of the water it may begin to build more speed. Even though some of your horsepower is being used to lift the bow of your boat rather than push it foward. The trade off for bow lift with this type of prop may outway the lack of foward thrust. If this works, it may only yeild you 3-6 MPH anyway. Get a TUNNEL.

ghittner
    Try to get a hold of a 27 rev4. I know it does not have enogh pitch but it may trade some possitive bow lift for total foward motion. Meaning that if you can get more of the front of the boat out of the water it may begin to build more speed. Even though some of your horsepower is being used to lift the bow of your boat rather than push it foward. The trade off for bow lift with this type of prop may outway the lack of foward thrust. If this works, it may only yeild you 3-6 MPH anyway. Get a TUNNEL.
    6 MPH I'm lov'n it man!!! As far as a tunnel? Who makes the one that I can go to Catalina with 30 miles offshore and feel confident in 4 ft swells? Please tell me because I would love to find it in under 30 ft that can handle offshore running........

MACHINEHEAD
    Ask cats and tunnels forum

Boat Dork
    Hell, I ain't yer buddy, but I know a pile a crap when I hear about one. Go Rotary...Yer friends will envy yew...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234