Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: NJBA.. out with the new in with the old

river redy
    I would just like to Thank all the volunteers who put this event on, They are the first ones there and the last ones to leave, and many hours of there free time to put these events on so every one can have a good time. I have only been there a couple times and the people there are the nicest guys I have met and the racing to me seems very organized, starts on time and goes all day long it was great, compared to San Deigo where the poor guys are hanging on the rope for hours then have to get towed back in because the tide is going out or the other boats where racing, My hats off to all the people who put this event on and give up there time to do this for others, so I hope everone can put there issue's aside and remeber the good times they had and move to next year, I wish you all you racers a great next year, because like I said the few times I was there without my boat I met great guys and had a blast and looking foward to the next season

This quote(above) brings a real smile to my face, lol.
    So does the one below. Seems I was just chided about River Racer being a blood and guts 'racing' class a couple weeks ago.
    "Exhibition is not a class or a bracket. It does not have a point system. It does not have a ladder, nor does it have pairings. It is designed for the people that want to learn at their own pace or shake down their boats. They dont want to be paired up. It is also used for people like the fuelers or other upper classes that want to come out and test and tune their boats without disturbing the class it runs."
    Can't wait for the saga to continue next year. RR
    FYI ... exhibition and river racer are 2 different classes.
    Both with no points, tropies, etc ... but river racer is intended for river boats who want to run at the races ... more of an entry level class to pair up against other boats that are about the same speed to make it fun. Exhibition is more for new race boats or boats who don't want to interfer w/ racers classes or points while testing their own.
    Steve (river redy),thanks for the compliments ... it is hard putting on a race, a lot of work goes into it.
    Brian

[QUOTE=BUSBY;2886924]Hey Tony ...
    I know you're not coming after me ... and you know how I feel about the rule you were up against last race ... as you know, I went to bat & let you run last time you asked for the same deal ... unfortunatley, I wasn't there this past time.
    I appreciate you doing that Brian. Have fun in the off season.

bp
    Hey bob did u ever get that plate made for your ski boat like we talked about you werent at the last race so i never knew if you did or not.
    hey josh, that support isn't quite done yet. i've got the other parts fabbed, but need to finish that piece and one other. i keep going back and forth getting ready for next week, then play with the plate project. all the stuff i'm using for it came from the scrap yard, so it's been fun... see ya next week.

FYI ... exhibition and river racer are 2 different classes.
    Both with no points, tropies, etc ... but river racer is intended for river boats who want to run at the races ... more of an entry level class to pair up against other boats that are about the same speed to make it fun. Exhibition is more for new race boats or boats who don't want to interfer w/ racers classes or points while testing their own.
    Steve (river redy),thanks for the compliments ... it is hard putting on a race, a lot of work goes into it.
    Brian
    I understand Brian. My interpretation is somewhat different, and is similar to Tony's interpretation of the Exhibition class.
    I'm not involved in the politics, and don't want to be. I appreciate all the forethought and work involved in putting the races on, and maintaning the ability to do so. I'm sure EVERYONE that participates, spectates or reads these forums is grateful for your efforts, as well as the efforts of the rest of the board, AND the efforts of the membership to support their board, and the club in general. I know I do also, and I will be back.
    If there is anything I can do, just call.
    RR
    I'm just a pawn in the game of life...........

BILLY.B
    Lets not act like the same crap doesnt happen at the river. How many times have you seen some one win a race only to get home and see the loser post that they won or they have a list of excuses on why they didnt.To be perfectly honest, with the guys I hang with...Hasn't happened. That is unless RCL is in the house then who knows. I do know one thing. We know who attends the river hangouts and who doesn't !!!!

steelcomp
    Well you must be out of the loop. Jim G tried to pull a fast one this year and got cought by me.I am not going to get into the details. So I understand where Mr. Anderson is comming from. I brought it to Rolf & Busbys and some of the other board members and they handled it at the meeting. I think Rolf and most of the board did a great job.
    In the loop or not, thanks for proving my point 100%.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Lets not act like the same crap doesnt happen at the river. How many times have you seen some one win a race only to get home and see the loser post that they won or they have a list of excuses on why they didnt.
    [Needles]
    Making up stories may not be in ones best interest especially when considering there may be a sharp shooter with a video camera hiding out in clear open view on the side of the river.

bead
    that was great ,hmm i wander when the next comedy drama starts?:idea:

FuelInMyVeins82
    To be perfectly honest, with the guys I hang with...Hasn't happened. That is unless RCL is in the house then who knows. I do know one thing. We know who attends the river hangouts and who doesn't !!!!
    Thats awesome. I wish more people had that kind of integrity. I mean after all, it is all in fun. I personaly have seen alot races that were won by one guy get turned around on the internet so it looks like he lost. Atleast at the track you have a time slip that will show one way or another.
    Billy you going to be in phoenix.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast