Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: jet boat shopping

what is with the peolple selling their jet boats.. looking for a clean used boat. dont mind putting a couple dollars into it but not going to pay 5500.00 for a boat with a blown motor??? please has any of these guys looked at the boat market.. also dont tell me your boat is clean and i drive 3 hours to find it to be a piece of crap and over priced.. guess i am wanting to much?? full stringer bubble deck prefered.. wow anybody real about sellin their boat?? any help...
    I have one for sale and will be putting it on Ebay Sunday. It has a fresh 521" Ford engine done by me. I GUARANTEE it to go 75+ WITH GAS and FULL INTERIOR any day at the River in 115 degree heat(faster when it's cooler!), as well as being able to putt around at 2500 rpm all day long. 91 octane gas friendly, fresh Berkeley Split Bowl Pump by Bill Scotten. My kid is stepping up to a deck boat, and needs to sell this one to make room. Take a look on Sunday. There are no surprises here. RR
    I'm just a pawn in the game of life...........

n8dawg
    sorry 65 wow.. lol i keep my eye on it looks nice, pics are not what the thing really looks like in person,(not saying your boat just in general).. i just want people to be honest if there is something wrong just tell me up front doesnt mean i wouldnt buy it.. but when i find out later than i think their hiding stuff. sorry alittle anal.. i would like to go faster any suggestions on making your boat go faster and is it a full stringer boat thanks dave
    I will be taking very detailed pics this weekend of the boat inside and out, along with the trailer. It is a full stringer hull. As far as faster...drop a chevy in it! This was my first boat, when I bought it i didn't really know much as I do now. I think this boat makes a great first boat, there is nicks and chips on the paint mostly from docking. LOL! My thought right now is that anything you buy for under 5K is not going to be perfect by any means.

milkmoney
    hey thanks for the info guys and i do agree with the statements about selling .. looking at other stuff around even how the lawn looks is a factor to me very anal... i will look for the boat on sunday.. i am not looking for a perfect boat at that price range i already have one of those this jet will be for play only...thanks again evrybody and always open to any comments...

LuckyDaze
    What are you expecting to be able to purchase for 5500 bucks? I paid 4 k for mine and it was kind of a runner. I used it for fun for 2 years then striped it down. Since then I have had to put a new floor in it, repair the stringer and rebuild the motor. Even for 4k I feel I got a good deal considering it all.
    I wouldn't expect too much for 5500 bones.

pw_Tony
    I will be taking very detailed pics this weekend of the boat inside and out, along with the trailer. It is a full stringer hull. As far as faster...drop a chevy in it! This was my first boat, when I bought it i didn't really know much as I do now. I think this boat makes a great first boat, there is nicks and chips on the paint mostly from docking. LOL! My thought right now is that anything you buy for under 5K is not going to be perfect by any means.
    Still a great deal Milkmoney, and I don't even know N8dawg

BrendellaJet
    Check your PM's.

n8dawg
    Still a great deal Milkmoney, and I don't even know N8dawg
    Thank you.

milkmoney
    What are you expecting to be able to purchase for 5500 bucks? I paid 4 k for mine and it was kind of a runner. I used it for fun for 2 years then striped it down. Since then I have had to put a new floor in it, repair the stringer and rebuild the motor. Even for 4k I feel I got a good deal considering it all.
    I wouldn't expect too much for 5500 bones.
    i am not expecting anything other than a used boat that is what the seller says it is.. ok looks runs may need some attention in places,,etc.. not pointing at any one just tired of the sellers saying this is what it is and not even close after i just drove 2 to 3 hours, just like the flakes ( tire kickers ) from the sellers point of view... i have a brand new boat 70k i am aware that a used jet boat isnt off the showroom floor..so i am gathering info prices and what i am getting to determine my next step,,, thats all i am lokking for, not in a BIG HURRY... thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123