Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Son Of A Bitch>>>>>>>>>>>.please!!!

clownpuncher
    I can't take it anymore. Please, if you must have an opinion about the "plane on a treadmill" theory, then post up and vote.
    I can't believe some of ya just don't get it
    So, given the scenario of a plane positioned on a hypothetically large AND MOVING treadmill, can the plane take off?
    Be advised, this is a public poll and your ignorance will be visible for all to see.

clownpuncher
    How fast is the treadmill moving? I don't believe that's been brought up.
    I don't think it matters, I'm assuming the wheel bearings are good and the wheels will rotate freely

Excessive Force
    depends if you live in the southern or northern hemisphere

pw_Tony
    Unless the Prop force over takes the force of the treadmill the plane will not take off. A plane has to gain speed, and if the treadmill is equalling the force of the prop it will not move

clownpuncher
    is the threadmill going forward of backward? i realy hope it crashes and boom bang smoke crash and batman comes and saves the day
    Since Batman isn't real, Superman will have to save the day

clownpuncher
    Unless the Prop force over takes the force of the treadmill the plane will not take off. A plane has to gain speed, and if the treadmill is equalling the force of the prop it will not move
    I'm saving a halfway intelligent response for later.
    I'm still amazed

LaveyJet
    YES!,
    Basic physics, the wheels aren't providing the thrust for the forward motion, the engine/propellel/jet or what ever is. The thrust is a very big plus, and the friction from the treadmill-wheels is not enough to overcome it.

pw_Tony
    YES!,
    Basic physics, the wheels aren't providing the thrust for the forward motion, the engine/propellel/jet or what ever is. The thrust is a very big plus, and the friction from the treadmill-wheels is not enough to overcome it.
    But the plane has to move forward to get lift.
    So if the treadmill stays at the same speed as the plane then the plane cannot move forward.
    The plane thrust is at 5mph, then the treadmill equals the 5mph on it, so then the plane has to gain more speed for take off at 20mph, yet the treadmill goes 20mph, etc...
    So the plane will not take off if it can't overcome the mtching speed of the treadmill

clownpuncher
    This is freakin funny. Some of the justification on the other thread has me rolling.
    I know for a few of the "No, ain't gonna take off" voters that all of a sudden, they're gonna get it, like a light switch just got turned on.

bchbum
    It all depends if the plane really wants to fly , has anyone asked it how it feels ? j/k

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast