Thread: Advantage Exhaust Question

HankyPanky
    I am wanting a party cat with a 525EFI. My question is on the exhaust is there anyway to make it quiet idling and then open up after I get out of no wake zones. Something like captains call? The advantage guys told me they have baffels on the boats already. Share your thoughts on party cats also.

Partycattin
    My buddy has a 28 with a 502, Imco Powerflow exhaust and Silent Choice setup. Works well. No mufflers used on the tips.

me4drvr
    I have the Ilmor in mine and my buddy has the 525 (Both 28 PC'S), I really don't think you can get too quiet due to the fact that the rear seat and driver seat are all on top of the motor and the exhaust noise just resonates through that whole area, even so, the noise isn't that loud until you get up on the throtle... the only way would be through prop if you really really need a "quiet" ride. You can't do captain call on a new boat because it violates the muffler law (So I've heard).. otherwise the boat is awesome.. I wouldn't suggest less than a 525 though, you really need to get the boat up to 50-55 to get enough air in the tunnel and for it to really handle right. Those "Advantage" guys are great for support and tequila though...

HankyPanky
    I dont have to worry about it after I get out of the no wake zones. I boat in Arkansas and there are no restrictions on anything but the locals will kill me if I idle in and out of the marina with the exhaust open. Can a party craft pull a skier at 30-35mph or is it no good for watersports.

Partycattin
    My 22 PC will pull me up. I'm currently tipping the scale just shy of 200lbs.
    It drags me a bit, but not to bad. Pulls the wife and kids up easy. We ski, board, and tube behind it every time out. I have a pretty stock 454 (330 hp).
    I think if I had a 496HO or something in the 400-500hp range it would pull me out of the water easily.

boat boy
    If your lucky like me, you'll discover a mfg. issue 6 years after the fact and they won't do a damn thing about. Would not have know of the issue except for another owner with the same setup discovered my problem for me.

Party Cat
    We've got a 26' Party Cat with a 600+ hp 509 and a Bravo III..
    We have no problems pulling skiers, wakeboarders and running 55-60 mph....
    As far as noise...I've got Gibson mufflers on it and it db's mid 70's at idle...

Brewzed
    I have the Ilmor in mine and my buddy has the 525 (Both 28 PC'S), I really don't think you can get too quiet due to the fact that the rear seat and driver seat are all on top of the motor and the exhaust noise just resonates through that whole area, even so, the noise isn't that loud until you get up on the throtle... the only way would be through prop if you really really need a "quiet" ride. You can't do captain call on a new boat because it violates the muffler law (So I've heard).. otherwise the boat is awesome.. I wouldn't suggest less than a 525 though, you really need to get the boat up to 50-55 to get enough air in the tunnel and for it to really handle right. Those "Advantage" guys are great for support and tequila though...
    Mine is the one he is talking about with the 525. The only way I can see making it a little more quiet is to have them put the longer exhaust tips on it. They put longer ones on the Ilmor and it puts them into the water line. The tips they use on the 525's are above the water line. His Ilmor setup it much more quieter at idle because the exhaust is muffled by the water.

Jordy
    As far as noise...I've got Gibson mufflers on it and it db's mid 70's at idle...
    You could go this route and use clamp-on style mufflers, but they're going to quiet it down full time, or you could go with a set of turndowns. Quiet at idle, but open when you're on plane. Suppose it all depends on what you've got in the way on the transom:
    http://www.gibsonmarine.com/turndowns.html