Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jetboaters worst nightmare!!!!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Me and pops took the boat out yesterday. Everything was great i was idling around waiting for him warming up. I looked back to make sure everything was ok and I saw a stream of water. Oh shit eek! the line from the jet was off( I forgot to tighten it up before I left the house). I started to panic and naied the gas heading for the beach. The motor then died. I turned on my dual bilge set up and grabbed a screwdriver and tightened the hose. That scared the hell out of me eek! eek! Good thing I run dual bilge pumps. I wont be doing this again.

Infomaniac
    I have been there man.
    Looked back once and saw the flywheel throwing water everywhere.
    Happy ending

Infomaniac
    That was my serious post.
    My smart ass post will say:
    VIDEO of Jet Boaters Worst Nightmare

Eric455
    Infomaniac:
    That was my serious post.
    My smart ass post will say:
    VIDEO of Jet Boaters Worst Nightmare lolllllll.. lmfao hahahahhaa. thast some funny shit. hey you still have the humor in u. lol i like that.
    eric

malcolm
    Dammit 396, don't scare me like that!

JetBoatRich
    Taking to long to load

GlastronGuy
    Infomaniac:
    I have been there man.
    Looked back once and saw the flywheel throwing water everywhere.
    Happy ending Been there, done that. I had lifted the motor just a little to work on it and I ripped the underside of the hose and didn't see it.

Floored
    cruising Buena Vista in friends boat. Thats right I'm cool people in back say Hey there is water on floor! I look back and balancer is slinging water. eek! hammer it and it won't plane out I'm thinkin sinking cry see my friend on beach and aimed for him idea He see's me and starts waving me back I'm going at him and he starts running calling me things that aren't on my birth certificate burningm ran the boat up on the beach jawdrop He's ready to tear me a new doodie drop spot and he sees water up to the exhaust in back. somebody used regular heater hose under engine from pump, it broke, no gate valve, beach party. 21ft omega hard to get back off beach, easier than off bottom of lake though. live and learn. glad it was ok for you 396.

pgf127rt
    The hose blew on my CVX 20 Glastron, the first thing I thought was to run it upon the beach, however, I figured out that if the motor was not running the bilge could keep up with the water and I made the repair out on the water , then loaded the boat and put steel lined a/c hose on the main pump hose no more probs.

matt1
    Same thing happened to me my mom,dad,nephew,and daughter went in the new boat for quick ride and boat got slow and heavy then noticed water at my feet headed strait to the bank(shore,side of canal)and turned it sideways opened the hatch grabbed some buckets and hit the bilge found the busted heaterhose made repair and went home and installed 1/2"stainless steel tubing and never looked at it again.the material I used is rated at 10,000psi.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast