Thread: Bush sees first veto override in water bill

ULTRA26 # 1
    It was great to see the Republicans and Democrats finally working together like more of a team.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071108/...U3bjgT_yVFAE1v AI

bigq
    Are you saying this because they just overrode Bush or you agree with the bill?

ULTRA26 # 1
    Are you saying this because they just overrode Bush or you agree with the bill?
    Nope! I'm say that it was good to see both parties working together.
    Seems the Army Corp of Engineers has plenty to do.

eliminatedsprinter
    I'm glad President Bush finally has found his veto pen. I hope when he wakes up tomorrow and sees, that even after an overide, all of his arms and legs etc still work, he won't be afraid to risk more overides and keep using it...
    P.S. I agree with the basics of this bill. I just wish it was coming after about 50 other vetos, so we could better afford it...

redneckcharlie

ULTRA26 # 1
    I'm glad President Bush finally has found his veto pen. I hope when he wakes up tomorrow and sees, that even after an overide, all of his arms and legs etc still work, he won't be afraid to risk more overides and keep using it...
    P.S. I agree with the basics of this bill. I just wish it was coming after about 50 other vetos, so we could better afford it...
    Me too

Old Texan
    Before declaring this a good thing, I'd like to see what many of these earmarked projects and studies entail. Being close to a lot of the areas within the CofE's responsibility, there are indeed crucial projects in need of immediate funding and attention that are being pushed back in order to pursue studies pushed forward by groups such as Audobon that are far more political than necessary.
    A lot of wetland issues being brought before the CofE in my opinion should not be their responsibility. Navigation and flood control should top their list, environment restoration is a far too grey area that is often filled with more political and speculative issues better decided in a court of law or by the Congress if applied to government owned land.
    The Yahoo quote from Harry Reid is a prime example of pure politics and far from supporting any unison. Reid is a prime example of what is wrong with our government and their lack of unison and productivity from our tax dollars.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Before declaring this a good thing, I'd like to see what many of these earmarked projects and studies entail. Being close to a lot of the areas within the CofE's responsibility, there are indeed crucial projects in need of immediate funding and attention that are being pushed back in order to pursue studies pushed forward by groups such as Audobon that are far more political than necessary.
    A lot of wetland issues being brought before the CofE in my opinion should not be their responsibility. Navigation and flood control should top their list, environment restoration is a far too grey area that is often filled with more political and speculative issues better decided in a court of law or by the Congress if applied to government owned land.
    The Yahoo quote from Harry Reid is a prime example of pure politics and far from supporting any unison. Reid is a prime example of what is wrong with our government and their lack of unison and productivity from our tax dollars.
    Tex, the main issue that I found positive was that of the Democrats and the Republicans working together. I am hope that this spirit will flow into more important issues facing our Country. As you know, this is what I have been talking about since I first started posting here.