Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Tahiti

guitarchaz
    Does Anyone Know About These Boats Is A 22ft 78 Tahiti But Dont Know What Model Or Much About Them

Devilman
    Pretty sweet looking boat is about all I can tell ya about it.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...5&d=1194637090

guitarchaz
    Hey thanks thats a start. Got with no engine tossed in a 429 cobra jet and
    ran mid 70s for a couple years. now in the middle of a complete rebuild with a
    520 roller svo heads lower end built by Tim Morgan 700hp. New pump
    rideplate inducer etc. Lots of fun! Love the boat-fast good in chop and rides
    great any info appreciated.

guitarchaz
    oh and heres the new engine

That's a 20.5 foot long boat, not a 22. We had those molds at Advantage, in fact I think they still offer the boat in their line up. Great little hull, does everything well. We even built 3 or 4 of them as v-drives, not so great. lol. But great jets, infact they're great I/Os and outboards too.

victorfb
    looks alot like my 20.5 Kachina. allthough i was told the kachina was a splash of the southwind. in any event, i do like the way mine rides except for the lack of turning ability. but what can expect from being used to turning an 18 rogers with a turn fin. thats a nice looking boat chaz. very classic looking. enjoy it.

Devilman
    That's a 20.5 foot long boat, not a 22. We had those molds at Advantage, in fact I think they still offer the boat in their line up. Great little hull, does everything well. We even built 3 or 4 of them as v-drives, not so great. lol. But great jets, infact they're great I/Os and outboards too.
    A friend of mine had a boat that looked damn near identical to that one, except with an outboard on it. It had a center steer set-up, & the guy he bought it from said it had been converted from a jetboat to run the wakker. It was kind of a strange set up, but it ran pretty ok. Fastest he ever GPS'd it was 64 or 65 mph. It was titled/registered as 1969 Tahiti..... He figured someone just used the registration from a junk boat to get stickers for that one... Wish I had a pic of it to post.

guitarchaz
    Cool thanks for the info the registration says 22ft runabout it measures 21 ft
    bow to stern, so I will go with 20.5

A friend of mine had a boat that looked damn near identical to that one, except with an outboard on it. It had a center steer set-up, & the guy he bought it from said it had been converted from a jetboat to run the wakker. It was kind of a strange set up, but it ran pretty ok. Fastest he ever GPS'd it was 64 or 65 mph. It was titled/registered as 1969 Tahiti..... He figured someone just used the registration from a junk boat to get stickers for that one... Wish I had a pic of it to post.
    The boat guitarchaz came out in '75 if memory serves me correct. Here's a flyer from about that time with the 20.5 on the right, black and silver with the can on it's deck (? I am color blind, lol), we left in '74 to start Hawaiian so I never had the chance to build this boat until the mid 80s at Advantage.
    An old design that's stood the test of time, still a great looking hull.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...n-t/tahad1.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast