Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Tahiti

caribbean20
    That Tahiti of yours sure looks the same (identical) to my 1988 Caribbean Sport (Hardin Marine). For kicks, I attached a flyer from when my boat was new.
    Rigger - do you know the origins of this mold. Splash of what original mold, Spectra 20? I've seen so many of these molds by different manufacturers and they all look pretty much the same (Tahiti/Hawaiin/Carrera/Advantage/Caribbean, etc.).
    The hull sure has stood the test of time. I should know, keep poring money into mine after 17 years of ownership.

Carribbean,
    By the time your boat was made by Hardin they not only owned the Carribean name but Tahiti too. So when they bought out tahiti, they got all the old molds as well. Tahiti/Carribean=Hardin... by the 80's.
    Just for laughs here's a Hawaiian flyer. Note the address, we were in that building for a while in the mid 70's that would later become Hardins shop, where your boat was built. Then Hawaiian moved to the two big buildings in Huntington Beach on Container ln.
    Tahiti, Hawaiian, Carribean, Hardin, Schuster, Anthony, Hornet and more, all one big foocked up mess that's connected with one another, some way, over 20 years or so. lol
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...20320015-1.jpg

guitarchaz, if you look on the flyer that carribbean posted, you'll see that the 'official' length of your boat is 20' 2", probably why it got printed on your registration as 22. Someone along the way got the numbers mixed.

guitarchaz
    Rigger Your awesome that sounds totally legit. This hot boat thing is really cool lots of good folks! thanks for all the info and hope to see ya on the lake
    somtime. Now back to work on my old boat! talk about a hole in the water
    I keep tossin in money and hopfully it will all be worth it! Glad to know I am
    at least starting with a good hull. I get lots of compliments on the lakes I think its been stored inside its whole life and still looks new though very dirty in the photo. kind reminds me of a classic car but on the water!! too much fun!!

obnoxious001
    Anybody notice the yellow boat in the extreme foreground of the photo? See any resemblance??????????????????
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...n-t/tahad1.jpg

Anybody notice the yellow boat in the extreme foreground of the photo? See any resemblance??????????????????
    Yeah, they probably only made one those with that color combo.
    Reminds me when someone asks me if I remember making their boat at Tahiti or Hawaiian. 6 to 9 boats a day, 6 days a week for 6 or 7 straight years and it's funny to think that they'd think I'd remember one boat outa that mess.
    Now later customers and their boats at Rogers, Advantage, Howard and Warlock I do remember them. But they were built at much slower pace.

caribbean20
    Holy Sh*t, good eye. Looks like Chaz found the origins of his boat.

caribbean20
    Note the test report on the 21' Caribbean summarizes the purchase of the Tahiti molds by Hardin.
    PS That is the dealer from which my boat came in Colorado, I bought my '88 used in '90 in Colorado. I recall that Mr. Froque met an untimely demise not unlike others in jet boating's colorful history.

My buddy bought one, with a motor full of water, seems the auto mechanics don't undrstand boats. stripped the 460 out of it, pulled the Berkeley out of it, then installed a setback, MPD prepped Legend J120G pump. Thats as far as he wanted to take that project, he bought a 92 Taylor BR, and sold the Tahiti to a guy in Ohio, less pump, and engine, on Ebay. the Tahiti was a nice sized boat, solid contruction, and would have made a killer openbow, if converted.

h2oicon
    hey guitar, i have the same color one as your pic but i am putting in new floors and i took of the bow rails the thing looks better without the rails

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast