Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Braided Hose?

miller19j
    I am currently running 5/8 heater hose for my cooling hoses and my system works very well. But I would like to convert to AN fittings and lines but do not know what Number AN hose is equivalent to 5/8. Does anyone know?
    Any info would be appreciated

XClutchboy725
    -8 = 5/8
    -10 = 3/4
    or there abouts..............

miller19j
    Great!! Thank You!
    Dig the Avitar!

1HOTGMCJET
    I believe that the "dash" number for an AN measurement is the number over 16 to create a fractional equivalent - so, -8 would be 1/2 (8/16), and -10 would be 5/8 (10/16) - This is my understanding of the system, anyway - anyone?

hack job
    ten is 5/8 i believe any way! wink

The fractional equivalent mentioned above is correct. But most hose does run just slightly smaller in inner diameter than called out. For example -10AN theoritically should be 5/8 but actually runs closer to 9/16". This is true with most braided hose we've seen.
    We use all XRP fittings and hose ends and have the capability to cut your hose to length when you purchase (you assemble ends). We use a knife edge cutoff saw that cuts them very clean without need to grind or tape up.
    If you're interested in viewing these products on our website here are some links:
    http://www.rexmar.com/page172.html
    http://www.rexmar.com/page173.html
    Adapter fittings appear on pages 179-182
    Hope this info is of some help to you

XClutchboy725
    See.......that is why I put in the Thereabouts disclaimer!

565edge
    miller19j:
    I am currently running 5/8 heater hose for my cooling hoses and my system works very well. But I would like to convert to AN fittings and lines but do not know what Number AN hose is equivalent to 5/8. Does anyone know?
    Any info would be appreciatedIf you buy fittings and hose buy it from summit or jegs,then take your boat to american hose and coupling in santa maria and they will cut and put your lines together for a small fee,if you want i have the same set up they got and could help you,its a bitch,but i learned a trick or to from american hose,pipe machines do come in handy.By the way we are going to san antonio this weekend with a bunch of people if interested?
    [ October 10, 2002, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: 565edge ]

miller19j
    Everyone,
    Thanks for all the info I really appreciate it. It looks like I will be going with #10 lines.
    Thank you for the invite to San Antonio this weekend but unfortunately I cannot make it hopefully some other time. Where is American Hose in Santa Maria?

burbanite
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Rexone:
    The fractional equivalent mentioned above is correct. But most hose does run just slightly smaller in inner diameter than called out. For example -10AN theoritically should be 5/8 but actually runs closer to 9/16". This is true with most braided hose we've seen. [QUOTE]
    Right on the money.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast