Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man missing at Lake Elsinore?.

Big Proppa
    Heard on the news this morning that authorities were still looking for the body of a man who's boat flipped yesterday at Elsinore.
    Anybody hear anything.

Riverat84
    ouch....that sucks.

revndave
    What happened??I didn't hear anything out here.

Big Proppa
    Caught it on the channel 2 news this morning - they just had a picture of some cops in the dark at the lake - I haven't heard anything else -
    I got the word out for you revn - I'll keep you posted.

That sucks.
    His body will re-surface on the 3rd day. (if he drowned)
    Had a guy I worked with back in the Hawaiian days who's son drowned there too. That's when I found out about the 3 day deal. When the body starts to decompose underwater, some kinda gas forms inside it and on the 3rd day it makes the body rise to the surface.
    That's why the mob used Lake Tahoe to dump bodies. The waters too cold there, the bodies never decompose and never rise back to the surface.

BrendellaJet
    was in a 6 foot boat with one other person, somebody stood up, boat tipped. One man made it to shore.

OnlyMoney
    Divers to resume search for boater
    01:04 AM PST on Monday, March 6, 2006
    The Press-Enterprise
    Rescuers will resume a search at 7 a.m. today for a man who fell overboard from a boat on Lake Elsinore Sunday night, authorities said.
    Riverside County sheriff's spokesman Deputy Chris Durham said two men were in a 6-foot fiberglass boat when one of the men stood up. The boat tipped, both men fell into the water, and the boat sank, he said.
    One of the men swam partially to shore and made enough noise and commotion that a passing citizen in a boat rescued him, Durham said.
    But that man and his rescuer lost sight of the other man, age 49, Durham said. County fire officials conducted a search of the shoreline but were unable to find him. A sheriff's helicopter was called to provide light, and several boats were called in to help with the search, but rescuers were unable to find the man, Durham said.
    The accident occurred just after 6 p.m. and the search was called off at 10 p.m.
    The man who was rescued is OK and was not hospitalized, the deputy said.
    A sheriff's dive team will begin combing the lake this morning.
    It was unclear why the man stood up in the boat. Additional information was unavailable as of 10:30 p.m. Sunday.
    --Lisa O'Neill Hill

That sucks.
    His body will re-surface on the 3rd day. (if he drowned)
    Had a guy I worked with back in the Hawaiian days who's son drowned there too. That's when I found out about the 3 day deal. When the body starts to decompose underwater, some kinda gas forms inside it and on the 3rd day it makes the body rise to the surface.
    That's why the mob used Lake Tahoe to dump bodies. The waters too cold there, the bodies never decompose and never rise back to the surface.
    yep, they always come up from the gasses of decompisition. We had a guy that never surfaced at the beach i was working one time, the sharks must have got him after he drowned. :sqeyes:
    sad deal, had me worried there or a second, I was thinking a hotrod might have flipped or something.

yep, they always come up from the gasses of decompisition. We had a guy that never surfaced at the beach i was working one time, the sharks must have got him after he drowned. :sqeyes:
    Are/were you a life gaurd? I was just talking to a retired one last week and he told me something very interesting, that if you drown in the salt water and are re-vived, you're chances of surviving in the hospital are very slim. The salt water strips the the lungs of some kind of mucus protective lining and it can't replace it fast enough. Something like that. Said all those movies that show Moondoggie or Gidgit being revived, spiting up water and then heading back to the beach party are bogus.
    That sound right?

DelawareDave
    Drowning victims typically don't get (much) water in the lungs. Your body automatically closes the flapper (?) to the lungs and the person swallows the water.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast