Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: V-drive is too loud for wife

BILLY.B
    You need to meet in the middle...
    My wife doesn't care for noisy boats either but she won't go to the trouble of putting me out over it. Its pretty simple, my wife knows and respects that there are things in life that I enjoy. She knew of these things before we were married. On the flip side I recognize and respect her hobbies.
    My wife doesn't care for but will tolerate riding in my cars and boats.
    I don't care for but tolerate having to ride in her honda civic from time to time. C, its all about compromise!
    -Jerry (aka Dr. Phil) Yeah and Dr. Laura says you need to grow some and throw out the import!!!!

BILLY.B
    Thats why I'm NOT married.Thats cause most women like to run in a boat that goes over 85mph!!!!:idea:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Yeah and Dr. Laura says you need to grow some and throw out the import!!!!
    I don't throw out my wifes stuff. When she a wants new car she will buy one (with her own money). Its just like the boat deal, if she wants a boat that better fits her likes she can go buy one of those too (yes, with her money)
    Its all about having your own freedom while maintaining an equal partnership.
    Dr. Phil

HemiDude
    Don't take your wife, next time call the girlfriend--she doesn't care...

Yeah and Dr. Laura says you need to grow some and throw out the import!!!!
    Nice chief,
    First time in weeks you have something to say & you jump in like the grand pubbah of the grand order of water buffalo's.
    Imports are great grocery getters for the young family. Or middle aged would be advice giver people....
    Holy crap the boards are dead.
    BTW- Back to the subject at hand. Get the little women behind the wheel. She may ignore the noise a little more if she enjoys the ride more. It only took my wife 3 years to drive my deal, much less ride in it.

Kindsvater Flat
    In 8 yrs of having the boat the wife has been out 3 times in it with me. In the 2 yrs of having the harley, she has logged one 20 mile ride. Fine by me if she would rather stay home. No bitching that way

ol guy
    Qwik fix. Take her for half a ride,eliminates the lawyers and is only the cost of feul. Just don't post it here. Opps did I say that outloud???

Budweiser
    Is this one complaint of a few, or many? If it's one of many I'd say leave it noisy... You won't have to listen to her for at least a couple hours a weekend If it's one of a few, and you're interested in accommodating her, let's figure it out.
    Is it the gear box or the engine that's too noisy? My original impression was that it was the engine
    -Seth-

WannabeRacing
    If the v-drive is that noisy, take the 12 degree gears out of the 10 degree gear box. That will really quiet the v-drive down a substantial margin.
    Seth, you have a really good point. But if he means the engine, he really missed that in his original post.

dmontzsta
    Tell her not to ride in it, if she doesn't like it.
    or
    Buy yourself a wuss boat.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast