Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Warming-"Greatest Scam in History"

Sleeper CP
    Gore is no expert on the science of Climatology. Global Warming wackos or Wackos who state that Global Warming is a hoax and a scam. Take your pick. I am not as easily convinced as you are about many things, and this issue is one of them. Fact is the climate is warming. The question remains is man having any affect on this process. Kicking our addiction to foreign oil, is a good thing regardless.
    Are you stating that being a TV weather man and starting a cable weather channel make Colman an expert of climate change?
    Phuking idiot. If this was directed at me please let me know.
    "The question remains is man having any affect on this process." It may not have been clear but that is Mr. Colemans point. The earth will go through it's cycles with or without human influence(sp). It has been doing so for millions of years. Far before the industrial revolution and the enternal combustion engine.
    He also stated that since the earth receives 99% of its heat from the Sun he can't believe the global warming wacko's haven't given more thought to the sun's cycle's. He then stated that the answer is obvious : They can't regulate the sun. But they can regulate us.
    For the record, Mr. Coleman know's that the earth has warmed 1.2 degree's average over the last 50 yrs. or so, but only .4 degree's is accounted for by human activity. (So the experts say) His point is the earth has been cooler and the earth has been warmer it is just a cycle and would happen with or without us(people).
    "Are you stating that being a TV weather man and starting a cable weather channel make Colman an expert of climate change?" Interesting question:idea: Was Howard Cossell (sp) an expert on boxing ? How many experts are there on horse racing that weren't jockies? Was Smokey Ulich (sp) an engineer. Does he need a Phd in Climatetology to be an expert. Do you know how many "F"ing Phd's are Physiologist's and Thereipast (sp) that are truely phucked up people. And they tell other's how to raise children and how to get along in marriage.
    As far as the "Phucking idiot" comment... not directed at you .. you are just a liberal.. I would ask you to consider the "Airplane on the Treadmil" question. On the face of it, with the conventional knowledge of a treadmill, something that makes you stay in place no matter how fast you run, I believed the answer to be "Hell no it won't fly" And then information that I hadn't considered was put infront of me. (IE. the propulsion system is not connected to the treadmill, there is only so much friction created by the tires and wheel bearings and the wheels will free-wheel on the axles).
    Holy crap, the thing can fly and the wheel's will just roll at the speed of the plane plus the speed of the treadmill. Wow, I just learned something new, I guess I need to change my opinion. And I did.
    Now apply the above to "Global Warming" or "Man made Global Warming" If the retraction of ice sheets in Greenland are uncovering tree trunks that no one has ever seen before, what does that tell you?:idea:
    If the Roman's grew wine grapes in what is now Great Britian and grapes will not grow there today, does that tell you anything?:idea:
    If the earth receives 99% of it's heat from the sun and the sun has had more surface activity over the last 5 years than every measured before could that tell you anything? :idea:
    And lastly, if the same scientist that are today screaming global warming are in part the same crowd that 24 yrs ago were screaming global cooling " The next ICE Age is comming if we don't do something quicK" doesn' that make you stop and give pause to this? :idea:
    It's about money and the control of your life (activities) your house, your car, boat, your job. Think about it please.
    And the "phucking idiot" that made the comment about Bruce Crower, the man had asked me why "an engine with more compression makes more horsepower, there is no such thing as a free lunch and the engine should loose effeciancy through pumping losses having to compress the air/fuel mixture more" I started to say " Well my understanding of it from things I have read and from talking about engine efficencies(sp) with Bruce Crower is..."
    In any case, I would ask you to think about what is to be gained and what is to be lost on the "Man made Global Warming scam" and who win's and who looses.
    Just my .02 and then some
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

ULTRA26 # 1
    "The question remains is man having any affect on this process." It may not have been clear but that is Mr. Colemans point. The earth will go through it's cycles with or without human influence(sp). It has been doing so for millions of years. Far before the industrial revolution and the enternal combustion engine.
    He also stated that since the earth receives 99% of its heat from the Sun he can't believe the global warming wacko's haven't given more thought to the sun's cycle's. He then stated that the answer is obvious : They can't regulate the sun. But they can regulate us.
    For the record, Mr. Coleman know's that the earth has warmed 1.2 degree's average over the last 50 yrs. or so, but only .4 degree's is accounted for by human activity. (So the experts say) His point is the earth has been cooler and the earth has been warmer it is just a cycle and would happen with or without us(people).
    "Are you stating that being a TV weather man and starting a cable weather channel make Colman an expert of climate change?" Interesting question:idea: Was Howard Cossell (sp) an expert on boxing ? How many experts are there on horse racing that weren't jockies? Was Smokey Ulich (sp) an engineer. Does he need a Phd in Climatetology to be an expert. Do you know how many "F"ing Phd's are Physiologist's and Thereipast (sp) that are truely phucked up people. And they tell other's how to raise children and how to get along in marriage.
    As far as the "Phucking idiot" comment... not directed at you .. you are just a liberal.. I would ask you to consider the "Airplane on the Treadmil" question. On the face of it, with the conventional knowledge of a treadmill, something that makes you stay in place no matter how fast you run, I believed the answer to be "Hell no it won't fly" And then information that I hadn't considered was put infront of me. (IE. the propulsion system is not connected to the treadmill, there is only so much friction created by the tires and wheel bearings and the wheels will free-wheel on the axles).
    Holy crap, the thing can fly and the wheel's will just roll at the speed of the plane pulls the speed of the treadmill. Wow, I just learned something new, I guess I need to change my opinion. And I did.
    Now apply the above to "Global Warming" or "Man made Global Warming" If the retraction of ice sheets in Greenland are uncovering tree trunks that no one has ever seen before, what does that tell you?:idea:
    If the Roman's grew wine grapes in what is now Great Britian and grapes will not grow there today, does that tell you anything?:idea:
    If the earth receives 99% of it's heat from the sun and the sun has had more surface activity over the last 5 years than every measured before could that tell you anything? :idea:
    And lastly, if the same scientist that are today screaming global warming are in part the same crowd that 24 yrs ago were screaming global cooling " The next ICE Age is comming if we don't do something quicK" doesn' that make you stop and give pause to this? :idea:
    It's about money and the control of your life (activities) your house, your car, boat, your job. Think about it please.
    And the "phucking idiot" that made the comment about Bruce Crower, the man had asked me why "an engine with more compression makes more horsepower, their is no such thing as a free lunch and the engine should loose effeciancy through pumping losses having to compress the air/fuel mixture more" I started to say " Well my understanding of it from things I have read and from talking about engine efficencies(sp) with Bruce Crower is..."
    In any case, I would ask you to think about what is to be gained and what is to be lost on the "Man made Global Warming scam" and who win's and who looses.
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover
    Crower from Crower cams? Scp, this case is not as clear as the airplane/treadmill issue. When it becomes as clear, I will make up my mind,. I am on the fence on this issue as I have been for quite a while. Not sure that makes me a a Liberal, or anything else, for that matter. I do have some views that are somewhat liberal, and I have some views that are somehwhat conservative.
    I do thank you for continuing to express you opinions and discuss issues like the mature adult that you are. As was agreed with AZM, if we connected on the water, I'm sure we would get along just fine. Seems we have more in
    common than not. I have been a gear head, since I was child. I love fast cars, fast boats and HP. This will never change. There is an older guy up the street, who helped me with my Warlock, named Amos Satterly. Amos used to build some serious HP blower motors for drag boats. I learned some stuff from Amos. Not sure what made me think of Amos???
    As someone else said to me, if I ever saw you broken down, I would be right there with a rope and a cold one, rest assured.

Sleeper CP
    Crower from Crower cams?
    Yes that Crower, I grew up knowing three of his children. I told the dipstick that said "just because his name is on a company doesn't mean he know's how to make horsepower" , that saying that is as lame as saying " Chuck Yeager isn't an engineer so what does he know about flying".
    I then rolled off a bunch of Bruce's accomplishments including the fact that he was the first person to "top mount " a GMC blower on an engine and that when GM designed the 396 big block it wouldn't live on the dyno under durability test's the engineers from GM(including Zora Duntov) called Bruce to ask him what his thoughts were. He had the answer for them 2 minutes after seeing the broken parts.
    My point is, just because Mr. Coleman doesn't have a PHD in Climateology doesn't mean you or anyone else should discount his lifes work. He has studied weather for 30 plus yrs.
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

Blown 472
    OK, another rant about Israel, but how does this relate to algores bullshit about global warming?.....The agreement you quoted is not a hoax, or "the greatest scam in American history". No one has made movies/docudramas denouncing what you have said here. Hell, most of us didn't even know about the oil to Israel agreement, so how could it be a scam or hoax?.....If someone stood up and said we do not have this agreement, if someone made a movie saying we don't have this agreement, never have had, and never will, That would be a scam......I see this agreement as an amendment to our initial pledge to help Israel combat the evil forces in their region, forces that are dead set on killing all the non muslims in the world. Be they Christians or jews. Blown, truth be told, the biggest scam is making people believe that Israel actually needs our help. If WE gave them the green light, believe me, it would be over in a few days. The Israelies don't fight wars like we do, they go in, kick ass, and if necessary, stay to prevent the same armies from regrouping. We could learn a great deal about how to eliminate the terror threat against us from Israel. I say let them do what is necessary to bring peace to the middle east, once and for all.........But wait, we can't let them do that because of Arab oil that WE are so dependant on......Catch 22, they hold back, at our request, so we, in turn say look, if push comes to shove down the road we will back you up with OIL for your military machine.....If you dug deep enough you'll probably find a mirrored agreement from them to us in time of need.......No Blown, not a scam or a hoax, just something quietly worked out among allies in the war on terror and the much publicized Jihad against every man, woman, and child that is not muslim..........Remember Blown "The enemy of our enemy, is our friend"...........MP
    You see the date?

Boatcop
    The agreement between the US and Israel regarding oil came about through the Great President Jimmy Carter and his mid-east Peace accord between Egypt and Israel. It was a carrot on a stick (incentive) for Israel to sign off on the Great President Jimmy Carter's Middle East Treaty.
    And we all have seen how well the Great President Jimmy Carter's peace plan has worked.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Yes that Crower, I grew up knowing three of his children. I told the dipstick that said "just because his name is on a company doesn't mean he know's how to make horsepower" , that saying that is as lame as saying " Chuck Yeager isn't an engineer so what does he know about flying".
    I then rolled off a bunch of Bruce's accomplishments including the fact that he was the first person to "top mount " a GMC blower on an engine and that when GM designed the 396 big block it wouldn't live on the dyno under durability test's the engineers from GM(including Zora Duntov) called Bruce to ask him what his thoughts were. He had the answer for them 2 minutes after seeing the broken parts.
    My point is, just because Mr. Coleman doesn't have a PHD in Climateology doesn't mean you or anyone else should discount his lifes work. He has studied weather for 30 plus yrs.
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover
    Not discounting anything, I just don't see it as the gospel. The same would, and does, hold true from the opposing view.

Old Texan
    Not sure that it means anything other than someone's opinion
    Just curious how a TV Weatherman and founder of a cable weather channel qualifies as an expert in the field of Climatology?
    Is this another reliebale piece from The Blogosphere?
    Here's what you do. Go to Vegas with Al Gore and play Roulette, Craps, or whatever game Al claims to know. Then you bet your life savings according to Al's selections. When you come home deadasse broke maybe you will realize Al Gore is a pompous idiot.
    If my choice is a man that has dedicated the majority of his life to weather and has made a very good living and has the credibility among "experts" Coleman does, I'll damn sure take his opinion with far more trust than an idiot who would sell his soul for the Presidency or any attention he could possibly muster.
    Argue what you will or as you may, but when you use folks such as Gore and Joe Wilson as your "experts", you run a very precarious race.

Sleeper CP
    Argue what you will or as you may, but when you use folks such as Gore and Joe Wilson as your "experts", you run a very precarious race.
    Well, that about puts this debate into prespective
    Thanks Texan,
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

AzMandella
    OK, just for the sake of arguement lets agree that there is Global Warming. How does anyone know IF its man-made or a natural occurance? And If its man-made how does any pro global warming person account for the warming of Mars, that is warming at about the same rate the earth is? Could it be that the planets are warming because the Sun is getting hotter? What say you now, Algore?:idea:
    The other day I was watching a show on global warming that was showing astronomers that had an orbital model. the earthis on an eliptical orbit around the sun.No planet does. Picture if you can an eliptical rubberband but it is stiff but plyable.It holds it shape. Now grab each end of the longest diameter with your fingers.Now if pull on the rubberband a little. The ends pull farther apart and the sides move a little closer..let go and the ends move closer and the sides move farhter away.If you do this you see how the orbit of earth changes it orbit back and forth throughout it's cycle. And they have proven that it's cycle is roughly every 100 yrs. so every 50 ish yrs we go from one extreme to the other.And theres no way we can stop it. And right now we are at our cloest to the sun And yes Mars is going through the same warming patern. But then alot of the meteoroligist say the measured output of the sun hasn't changed. And the way it's measured that's true. Take a propane torch and light it. Set the flame to a constant output no wold your hand above it about 5 ft. Nowove your hand 6" closer. Feel the heat change? The output of the torch didn't change but it got warmer. Astronomers have known this for years. But the eco-freaks just don't listen. So yes there is global warming and man has a very small impact on it. I have been an amatuer Astronomer for many years and know a few scientist at the U of A and they say the same thing. I have seen Algore's movie 1-1/2 times. couldn't stand it the second time. The senario he dipicts is actually very plausible. During the warm period the poles mely a little and the cool periods show patterns of cooling and wet periods. But to put the whole world in an alarmists attitude to it. While taking it to the bank. Remember Al Gore was a medeocre student but an excelent "politician". Now everything the astronamers are saying is based on phsics. A very real and reliable proof.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast