Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Well, do the BOLTS >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Tremor Therapy
    Bob,
    I agree with your assessment of the zone blocking vs straight man-to-man. But after 10 games the coaching staff needs to have figured this out....every other team has since game 1. They need to throw away Turner's playbook, grab Cameron's old play book, and get back to the system where these players succeeded. Everybody on the offensive side of the ball mentioned how the play book was 3X what Marty's was, so if they can't get it figured out, throw the f*cker away and get back to Martyball. It ain't pretty sometimes, but for the most part, it was damn effective last year! I hate to keep ranting about the same crap, but when I am watching the game and calling out what play they are going to run, what the hell do you think a defense that watched film all week see's?!?

chase8
    Raiders will win, chargers will get their asses handed to them, and a 7-9 AFC team will take the West.....................:idea:
    OOOOOOOOOOPS! Guess Manning just had an off night! At least he's not a big pussy about it like his cry baby little brother. I back anyone playing the Giants.

MKEELINE
    The thought being that if you can't zone block and have a huge playbook, you can't win in the postseason against the Colts and Pats and teams that are faster than you on defense. The Chargers are powerful, but not what you'd call fast and quick. Zone blocking really relies on your lineman being nimble.
    I agree that the playbook should be 1/2 what it is now. Just line up and smash somebody in the mouth.
    It would be nice if they found a play or two, out of the playbook, they could execute.

Tremor Therapy
    If you watch this team, and all of the other successful offenses that Norv put together (remember the Emmitt Smith Cowboys), he put his big offensive line against your defensive line, and ran it between the tackles right down your throat. Once you were softened up a bit, they started using their big receivers and agile tight end to make plays downfield.
    The offense that the Chargers are capable of running is very similar. Big offensive line, a smaller nimble, quick running back, a very agile tight end, but lacking in a go to money wide receiver. Hopefully Chambers can get there....quickly. We have some of the parts in place, we just need to get back to a brand of football that this team was built to play. I have tried to explain this to a couple of people who don't really understand football, and the best analogy I can give them is that since we hired the new coach, we are asking a Mac truck to play like a 911SC.

Tremor Therapy
    They've got the false start play down pretty well.
    And the fumbled snap from center as well!

Ziggy
    Stand a chance tonite Charger fans:idea: Or will it be the massacre I expect, sadly. Seems we have returned to the days of old. And what has happened to the AFC West, damn just last year it was considered one of the best?? I know, on any given Sunday right!! NSF GO BOLTS, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Told ya..

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567