Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ride plate\shoe

Apollo
    How much trouble is it to install a ride plate and shoe?

Blown 472
    what pump?

Apollo
    Dominator..

rivercrazy
    Doesn't really matter what kind of pump you have.
    If you go with a ride plate and shoe, you will need to pull the motor, remove the pump to have it machined to accept the ride plate and shoe.

Apollo
    What do you have to get machined on the hull intake and do you do anything to the hull?

HBjet
    usually just the intake. Some hulls may need a little work depending on where the intake sits.
    Are you going to do this work yourself, or have a shop do it?
    HBjet

HammerDown
    Apollo, I did a Shoe and Ride Plate with a pump set back as well. Its not to bad of a job...Measuring everything several times is the real key when putting things back together. On some hulls you may have to add some glass inside as well as remove some just above the new ride plate area.
    Somewhere in the Media Center are several pics showing me doing the above work....I say go for it! There are enough people here that will be more than happy to give good advice if needed.
    [ December 02, 2002, 04:46 PM: Message edited by: HammerDown ]

Apollo
    I try to do most all my own work. The closest boat shop that I would trust is about 175 miles away.

roco racing
    on mine we machined the intake(mpd)for the shoe and then slightly grinded on the hull just behind the shoe to clear a 5/16 7075 alum. rideplate,then carefully set the intake(j.bennett).might as well do a set back if your going to pull out the intake.use sea goin putty when you put the intake back in.keep in mind if you have it done somewhere they use a bolt pattern for everything so if you ever need a new shoe or plate any new hardware they can just make it for you and not have to custom make everything which gets expensive.

cyclone
    so what you're saying is that if you're going to pull the intake to have it machined for a rideplate, that you might as well set the pump back at the same time? What kind of performance gains are achieved by having a set-back pump?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast