Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It is finally done, 79 Tahiti

Tyler&Emily
    I want to thank all of the hot boat family for there advise, kick in the rear end occasionally, parts, and know how that helped me and my son and daughter complete this project, there are a few I am going to list but there are countless more that I have not and I appoligize for that, I bought this from a gentleman in california off ebay, less motor, interior, gauges, wiring and we put a lot of hard work into it, and I am pretty proud of my children for lending a hand and getting it done, the pictures are taken today 11-11-07 prior to heading to the lake in a beautiful 49 degrees here in Mass. but we went anyway. It ran great, a little timing to tune in and the water flow to the headers but it was great. Once again I want to thank a bunch of people, mostly for a good kick in the ass when needed, they know who they are, and I believe I am stronger for it as well.
    Lady Warhawk
    Promod
    Condor TX-19
    Tomply 32
    Squirt'nmyload
    The southern ***boat family
    Beast of the East
    Tyler & Emily to say the least !
    I have promised my son that we would be at Lake Anne and Lake James next year, so we shall, I look forward to seeing everyone next year, and hope every one has a blessed and happy holiday season. I have relocated to the Mass area for a wonderful career move in August of this year, and hope to find some folks in the Western mass and Conn area to play with.

squirt'nmyload
    glad i could help out......thats awesome that you did all that with your kids!

pancho
    very nice,my first quote un quote hot boat was a 77 tahiti and i had nuttn but fun with it,still wonder where it ended up

DRAG'N FEVER
    Great Job! I feel your excitment of that first run.
    I just finished a three year project with my two boys on a 1975 Taylor Craft, Called "Drag N Fever".
    You need to bring it down to Palatka for the Toys For Tots run November 30. It's going to be a good time and a great place to show off your boat.

fat rat
    Both boats look really good.............but you are never really finished, there's always something to do..........enjoy and hope to see you out on the water one day.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...3&d=1194827257
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...4&d=1194827340

Murray PE 857
    Nice job on both boats. I am very curious to see how the Taylor runs. Without a doubt that is the most engine I've ever seen in a Taylor SS.

DRAG'N FEVER
    You are right!!! It will never be finished, there is always somthing to change or add .
    The engine is a BBC 509ci, Dart block, blown, fuel injected, Alc injected & intercooled. Depending on pully changes for the blower it produces up to 1400hp on pump gas and 1600hp on racing gas.
    Top speed is only 86mph on the gps for now @ 1200hp. It weighs in at 3600lbs with 110gl of gas. Need more pump and ride plate work to get any faster.

DRAG'N FEVER
    Whats in the Tahiti, 460?

Tyler&Emily
    The Tahiti has a mild built 460, runs great, minor tuning but will work on it more in the spring.

RaceBoat Rus
    did I say wow ? both of these boats are coming to the Toys for tots tour.. Sensational

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast