Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: China

What does everyone think of China ignoring world protocol by buying up endangered animals and animal parts from other countries? Between everything in our stores being from China, their ownership stake in our economy, their military building machine, and this kind of stuff... ah Captain I think we have a problem. While perhaps the sky isn't falling yet, to me all this points to one goal of the Chinese... global domination both economically and militarily at some point in time. They are plundering their own resources at an alarming rate. They will run short at some point with their population. What then? I for one am concerned about all of the above as a security issue for the US a decade or two down the road.
    Here's a link from yesterdays news (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071110...fe_07111019031 4)
    Here's one from 60 minutes about ivory poaching and the Chinese buying up everything available. (http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/60mi...main3415.shtml) Click on the Ivory Wars video.

YeLLowBoaT
    I think when chinas demand for goods out wieghts the money they can make by selling to the world market lots of countrys will be fooked including us.

Old Texan
    Being an old Star Trek fan, "The Borg" come to mind.......

OKIE-JET
    Being an old Star Trek fan, "The Borg" come to mind.......
    you must assimilate....resistance is futile.
    I think the Chinese will decimate themselves. By this I mean that I think they will go too far with the resource plundering, the food and water problems, before raising their heads up and realize they no longer can feed the beast from within. By then (their realization) they may be able to reach a ways.....but not too far or too long. I Hope. Then again, it could be a partial reason why it seems that the U.S. is "concerned" with so many pressing issues "surrounding" China. Look at a world map and you'll see what I mean.:idea:

Moneypitt
    I saw part of a deal last night about human transplants. In the UK there are 2000 people waiting for various body parts, kidneys, lungs, hearts, livers etc etc. In the US 6700, and in China......2 million, yeah, 2 MILLION......China has a big problem with the blackmarket and transplant harvests before the donor is through with them........Also, here in the US if you won't make it 5 more years with the transplant, you are off the list.........Or at least moved down below someone that will............2 Million Chinese waiting for legit spare parts, that is scary. Imagine walking around with all your body parts and having people look at you as a donor, voluntary or not..........MP

ULTRA26 # 1
    China is a far bigger problem than the Middle East.
    It won't be long before the elephant in extinct, as a result of China's thirst for ivory. At the current pace it won't be long before China holds the paper 30% of our National Debt. The time is here, where American consumers have no other choice but to buy products made in China, because there are none made in th USA. Chinese subs are popping up in range of US Navy ships and carriers, etc. etc etc. China is a problem

Riverless
    Don't forget how they were stuffing dogs and puppies into sacks and slaughtering them for their fur to use as trim on coats.

cxr133
    you must assimilate....resistance is futile.
    Then again, it could be a partial reason why it seems that the U.S. is "concerned" with so many pressing issues "surrounding" China. Look at a world map and you'll see what I mean.:idea:
    Hmmm......... are you saying american nukes may already be in Afghanistan???

OKIE-JET
    Hmmm......... are you saying american nukes may already be in Afghanistan???
    :idea: Anything is possible....I'm sure American "influenced" nukes are very close in the region. We have kept some pretty tight alliances in the neighborhood for quite some time, and its my belief that these circumstances in China havent been just creeping up on us. Peoplr in intel circles have seen this for decades. I fully believe it lies at the basis for involvement in the region, not just for a shortsighted aim such as oil supply, after all, theres much more oil elsewhere.:idea:

Moneypitt
    Shhhhh, if the left wing media find out about our top secret plans for China, they'll print it, denounce it, and blame the right for lies to the Anmerican public. All for one sensational headline........Morons........MP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast