Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeep vs Rhino

MBlaster
    Rhino's with a few mods seem to be priced well north of 13K. And then you need a trailer to get it to the desert.
    A have seen some really nicely modified Jeeps with ARB lockers etc, for about 15K. The jeep can be towed 4 wheels down or you can drive it to the desert.
    Having driven one I still don't understand the Rhino hype.

Jbb
    Wonder how many pages this will be before
    lunch.............

2forcefull
    Rhino's with a few mods seem to be priced well north of 13K. And then you need a trailer to get it to the desert.
    A have seen some really nicely modified Jeeps with ARB lockers etc, for about 15K. The jeep can be towed 4 wheels down or you can drive it to the desert.
    Having driven one I still don't understand the Rhino hype.
    rhinos don't compare to jeeps. it's like comparing a riding lawn mower to a tractor,
    the problem is space, and hauling.
    most people don't have just a jeep or just a rhino, they have
    toy box trailers that they have to put moms quad the kids quad and a
    rhino, or a sandrail and a rhino.
    the jeep takes the whole trailer if it will fit at all.

pw_Tony
    Well people we're spending decent money on the XR50's when they came out..... I wonder how long the Rhino thing will last? :idea:

INSman
    Different strokes for different folks, pretty much comes down to your individual needs and activities. The rhino just so happens to work for us and the kids love it.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0/dsc01786.jpg

Lightning
    I don't get it myself, then again I've never ridden in one - so what do I know. If I was in the market for another toy - I would consider a used $2K-$4k jeep before a Rhino. At least you can use the jeep to launch the boat.

Mrs. casean
    Ideally if you have a Jeep you will have an RV to tow it... we sold our Rhino since I still prefer to ride my quad over it and we weren't using it enough to have a 10K + toy in the garage. Now we have a jeep and it's my daily vehicle, but the downfall now is we will be driving separately when we want to take it out to play in the dirt. We have a WW and still have my quad, 50 & golf cart to take down. Which is ok on the short trips like to Ocotillo Wells. But we've had a blast in it together and we can take more people which is nice. Plus come the time to put little babies in it, that's a plus for the Jeep vs. Rhino. I see so many people who try to put kids in it when they are tiny and they don't know how to keep the dust out of their mouth/nose and just get pissed back there so it's not fun and they end up heading back (at least w/ people in my group from what we've seen). So for us who is gearing up to start a family the jeep is right for us. The Baby can ride comfortably in the back and when they are tiny I can sit back there and hold the head Plus we can just wake up on a weekend and say, hey, let's head to Big Bear with the jeep... off we go and we can go play on the trails. Or anywhere for that matter. We (Sean) just lifted the Jeep this weekend so we look forward to seeing the difference over Thanksgiving weekend.
    So there's a perspective from someone who has done both now. Maybe once we have kids and they are of age to ride or will enjoy a rhino we'll go back but for now the Jeep is far more practical for us.

Mrs. casean
    I don't get it myself, then again I've never ridden in one - so what do I know. If I was in the market for another toy - I would consider a used $2K-$4k jeep before a Rhino. At least you can use the jeep to launch the boat.
    That's our other reasoning in selling the Rhino & getting a jeep, we can drive it to Parker, grab the boat from storage and launch the boat with it. I wouldn't tow it there, but from storage it's only a few minutes. So over all, the jeep had far more functions we were looking for.

MBlaster
    Good luck finding a used 2-4K jeep that you would actually own.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast