Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Calling all EFI Guru's, will an o2 sensor work...

soupersonic
    Having an O2 sensor on the boat constantly doesnt make much sense IMO. Your going to tune it once ,maybe twice for good measure. The ECM is going to make small changes for altitude and a few other things necessary by itself once its tuned. Why not buy or borrow a header with the bung in it.Tune it and then forget it.
    How much is this megasquirt thing anyway? Looks kind if cheap to me, i guess i would go with the proven Mefi 3-4 . JMO for what its worth.

FSTFBDY
    I agree use a WBo2 to tune it. then swap to what ya gotta run.
    There are more known problems with me gm mefi 3/4 then there are with megasquirt.
    megasquirt is so "cheap" bceause its a DIY board. People like you and me dive into the project and help out and created it. No corporate to price gouge and have a 400% mark up. Theres a Slew of internet efi gurus to help out with ms if needed. Way more big HP # cars out there with MS then ever before. So if your able to do some soldering you have one nice pcm for a fraction of the cost of a Fast,DFI,BS3 etc.
    Another big conversion is the sy/ty ecm. (7749) for boosted applications. thats a new post all in itself.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123