Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Info on hooking up Direct TV

we just moved into a new house....we are current customers of Direct Tv....I want to go HD and tivo and all the bs that comes with it.....what is the best way to get hooked up with an existing account?.....We kept our old TIVO box but have nothing else for the new house....

voodoomedman
    we just moved into a new house....we are current customers of Direct Tv....I want to go HD and tivo and all the bs that comes with it.....what is the best way to get hooked up with an existing account?.....We kept our old TIVO box but have nothing else for the new house....You just call them. They come and setup all the stuff at the new house for free.

Not So Fast
    we just moved into a new house....we are current customers of Direct Tv....I want to go HD and tivo and all the bs that comes with it.....what is the best way to get hooked up with an existing account?.....We kept our old TIVO box but have nothing else for the new house....
    Just out of curiosity what is the meaning or intent on the name of your boatThanks, NSF

Just out of curiosity what is the meaning or intent on the name of your boatThanks, NSF
    I think its funny

You just call them. They come and setup all the stuff at the new house for free.
    what about adding new receivers....is their different dishes?....I know I can ask them all this but I wanted to get a few opinions b4 I went thru their sales pitch.....

Boatcop
    what about adding new receivers....is their different dishes?....I know I can ask them all this but I wanted to get a few opinions b4 I went thru their sales pitch.....
    Usually no sales pitch. You tell them what you want, and where, and they'll install the equipment you need.
    Their dishes are pretty slick nowadays. They can probably run your whole house, including HD, off of just one dish.

INSman
    They recently called us about upgrading our dish and about the latest HD receiver with DVR for no charge other than an additional 2 year commitment and we told them "done deal"... Showed up Saturday, installed the new dish and new HD receiver with DVR and I moved the older HD receiver with TIVO upstairs and this new unit works perfectly. Now I can finally watch one show and record at least 1 if not 2 others at the same time.

JetBoatRich
    cal them and they will set up a former customer work order. Should be free as long as you have the old boxes.

NdaWind
    We just got DirectTV and love the HD. I have a problem with weather channel though, on cable every 8 minutes it would show our local weather along with doppler and traffic. Now with DirectTv every 8 minutes we get weather from all over the country. is this normal?

JetBoatRich
    We just got DirectTV and love the HD. I have a problem with weather channel though, on cable every 8 minutes it would show our local weather along with doppler and traffic. Now with DirectTv every 8 minutes we get weather from all over the country. is this normal?
    use the "ACTIVE" button on the remote, it will get you local information

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast