Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on headsets!!!??

new2cats
    I am in the process of having an F29 built...are the headsets worth doing??? Seems way too f-in hot in Summer to wear them.....can you listen to tunes on them.
    Used to fly alot and hated wearing them..David Clarks make you sweat from the ears a whole lot!!!
    Do not want to spend $$$$ on worthless crap (yeah, right!!)

ToMorrow44
    I have them in my boat and they can be handy. Also nice to look badass. One problem (and you won't have this problem with the canopies) but at 70-80 they start to come off lol. but honestly we don't use them all that much, but we also dont do any poker runs. you would probably get more use out of them in poker runs having everyone spotting for you. like i said, its more of the badass look.
    -Tom

MR HARLEY
    Get them.

kap
    New2cats:
    I just put them in our new Howard and they are definitely worth it. Even if your not doing poker runs it is nice to talk with your co-pilot/passengers when cruising.
    We went with PCI Race Radios and they were very nice. You can listen to music and when you talk the music cuts out and you can speak simultaneously no need to wait until other person stops.
    Get the over the head version versus the loop around the back of your head. The wind starts tugging at them---at about 90+ but you will have canopies so it will not be a factor unless your really tall.
    Your getting a go fast F-29 it makes sense to get them and you will use them more than you know. Hey! at 65MPH [non canopy boat]you literally have to yell at people to communicate with headset it's a piece of cake.
    Sincerely,
    KAP
    P.S. If you use them in the desert via sand car you simply won't even drive without them in a boat.

new2cats
    KAP;
    Thanks. Been watching the progress on your SportDeck....I know Gene & Mike well....they built my "Color Blind" 28' and my killer 25' Bullet a few years ago.....Love the graphics on your deck.
    Congrats......be safe!

XFactor
    Mixed feelings on the headsets. I have front only headsets. I wanted the option of having someone truly co-pilot in poker runs without the distraction from the rear passengers. I find myself only wearing them when it's crowded, otherwise I like to actually hear the boat/motors. If your not running poker runs or running when it's crowded, save your money.

Patyacht
    F-29...... Get them.... 4 for sure unless your a channel rat.

new2cats
    In 10 years have never sat in the channel (drive through to see the hardware and G-strings!) !!! Love driving....we do Mead and Powell often; wife hates the channel......we figure if we want traffic and carbon monoxide, we can sit on the 405 in our AMG!!!! Same sh*t!

RIPPINGNOLEGSKROKER
    Get them, and then dont wave to anyone. Just an observation lately on the river.

new2cats
    Get them, and then dont wave to anyone. Just an observation lately on the river.
    I am not a dick.....just play one on TV!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast