Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shirkey

jets4me
    ya when i got the phone call this morning it put a lump in my throat i was shocked john was the best he was the first to step up when you had a problem on the water. It will not be the same with out him he was always helping out in some way may god be with is family

sunkisst
    I met John in the parking lot at an Anna event ...Thats all I know of him...I do indeed remember his friendly and comfortable dimeanor...Im sure he was a great individual...Surely a great loss to his family...God Bless.

supersoaker509
    John will be missed, this is a great loss to all who knew him. Our prayers are with John, Shirley, Adrian and Missy, all the family and his many friends. God Bless. R.I.P. my friend.

wideopen545
    John and I met 8 years ago and he was one of the nicest people
    I have ever known. He was the first to step up and help out.
    The first one to call you when you were down - A true friend!
    I didn't know what to say when this call came, other than,
    I'm on my way up to help out anyway I can.
    John, Shirley and their whole family are some of the nicest
    people I have ever met. This will touch my life forever.
    I am deeply sadden.
    God speed my friend.
    Tim

DansBlown73Nordic
    John and I met at the first BOTE. He was one of the nicest guys I ever met. Always willing to help out or give advise.He was truly a GREAT FRIEND.... When I got the call from FatRat it took a few minutes to sink in. He will be truly missed...... Dan & Janet

Mrs.sleekcraft76
    Incase anyone needed this information.
    John Allen Shirkey II
    John Allen Shirkey II of Sissonville died Nov. 12, 2007. Service will be 2 p.m. Friday, Nov. 16, at Long & Fisher Funeral Home, Sissonville. Friends may call from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday. Burial will be in Grandview Memorial Park, Dunbar.
    Long and Fisher Funeral Home
    6837 Sissonville Drive
    Sissonville, WV 25320
    Phone Number: (304) 984-3346

wideopen545
    hwew is a link to help with details http://www.wchstv.com/newsroom/eyewi...452d9d61.shtml

miketsouth
    This was very bad news for me. Took a while to actually fully sink in. It did and i am deeply saddened, very upset.
    He was a kind of hero to me. I was always excited to see him when i could. We have lost a great, great man.
    Here is an old video from Raystown Lake that has some of Mr. Shirkey in it.
    ShirkeyRun at Raystown (http://mikejet.home.comcast.net/~mikejet/Raystown.wmv)

ZFANTASYJETMAN
    This Is Such A Bad Moment In Time To Lose Such A Great Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!he Was Such A Helpfull Man With Every Body,rest In Peace John ,in Hot Boat Heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!we All Love You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2Sangers
    The Hot Boating community is indeed very tight. I first met John at the 2006 LJ event and when I saw him again this year it was like we were old buddies.
    He will be missed by old friends and future Hot Boaters as well. We need to be thankful for people like him that contribute to our way of life. Godspeed.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast