Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: I'm being Sued!!!

HDF WATERDOG
    For Sale '07 GMC pick-up. $75000 firm. Please ignoir the fact that the VIN, block #s, licence plates say it's a '75. I bought all '07 parts for it. Get my point. That "old" ID number is year that motor is period. That's all the judge is going to see. Your gonna get hammered with a gavel.

Sleeper CP
    I also made it clear to him i had replaced alot of parts when i bought it because it had been kept in saltwater and ran by a fellow whom didn't believe in fresh water washdowns. He never asked for me to be more specific so i didn't get into details.
    I left it with him the motor runs, you need to some work on before you run offshore, and i also made it clear it was sold as is.
    Ditto! ( AS IS ) Buyers fault for looking it over and agreeing to what was said and looked at. Been there done that. Signed receipt by buyer and seller saying AS IS is all you need.
    If he has a signed receipt that says "as is " it might help but he hasn't said that he has one. Maybe he does?.
    Also, as the buyer purchasing a car "as is" and expecting to work on it is one thing, buying a car that is sold as a 1992 Mustang and then finding out it is a re-skinned 1988 maybe something different all together.:idea:
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

thatguy
    Maybe you should try to get on Judge Judy or Judge Joe or one of those shows. They pay for it if you lose!
    A buddy of mine went on Joe Brown this year on a damage to property case.
    He had what seemed a clear cut case and only did it because the guy he sued would not respond. Being on TV got the other guy to put the pipe down and go.
    Once before Joe, however, my buddy got ridiculed and slammed hard. Ended up not getting shit and looking like a complete fool. Joe gave the other guy all the money for a counterclaim.
    Still, he aint as bad as Judge Judy.
    Tommy
    PS- I still think you will lose on false rep., but you never know. If it's worth the gamble go for it. Seems like a lot of hassle when you could really just re-sell it.

topless
    This is why the judge shows are so entertaining, because most people don't have a clue about the law. As is does not cover misrepresentation.Not only that but the TV show pays not you so if you lose, you really don't lose anyway.

gotboostedvr6
    after a 30 min trial and the judge asking a hundred questions I won the case. The plaintiff ended up changing his story and told the judge he never wanted the motor in the first place but he bought it on impulse and now cant install it. He admits that it is in good condition being a older salty motor and he has no proof it is older then I said it was. Case closed

sunsoaker8
    Glad to see you took the time and effort to fight this and came out on top. If more people and insurance companies would fight these lawsuits it might just slow the stupid shit down. Good for you.. glad to hear you came out on top.

Ken F
    Now turn around and sue him for "unjust enrichment" as he got something better than he thought he was buying.
    That would keep this BS going for another 8 weeks.

RitcheyRch
    Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you won.

Moneypitt
    Anyone else get a vision of the special olympics.........Even if you win, you're..............

gotboostedvr6
    Kinda annoying that i had to do downtown and waste a day doing this.
    I'm glad the judge asked him to repeat his answers to questions that were asked 20 min prior... he tripped on his own words and changed the story 2 times before he admitted he was wrong.
    I'm half tempted to offer him half or so the money in return of the motor.
    I'll just resell it to someone who can handle it. This time I'll include a bill of sale lol

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678