Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CHP new cars???

socaldieselkrew
    Sneaky lil fockers they are!!!!!!!! Have any of you seen the new CHP Chargers?? i guess they are mostly going to be plain unmarked Chargers with black steel wheels according to the officer who pulled me over earlier tonite in one. I wonder if they are running the 5.7 hemi or the 6.1 SRT????
    82mph in a 65 zone should be about 400 bucks, that could have been alot of beer and cigarettes.

BajaMike
    Sneaky lil fockers they are!!!!!!!! Have any of you seen the new CHP Chargers?? i guess they are mostly going to be plain unmarked Chargers with black steel wheels according to the officer who pulled me over earlier tonite in one. I wonder if they are running the 5.7 hemi or the 6.1 SRT????
    82mph in a 65 zone should be about 400 bucks, that could have been alot of beer and cigarettes.
    Ouch....I haven't seen any of those....:idea:

socaldieselkrew
    Yeah according to the officer, CHP just implemented 400 of them into service so look out.

MudPumper
    Lots of agencies running chargers. They flat out haul ass and out handle the Crown Vics like night and day. In CA you cannot run a plain/unmarked unit for the sole purpose of Traffic Enforcement. Being that CHP's main purpose is Traffic i doubt you will see them running unmarked.

RitcheyRch
    I havent seen any of them either. Wonder if they are only in certain parts of the state for now.
    Ouch....I haven't seen any of those....:idea:

centerhill condor
    wait 'til you get pulled over by the station wagon....
    CC

BoatPI
    The CHP is running 5.7 Hemi's as that is the only V-8 with the police package. This is not the perfect police car, it has it's issues. Actually it is much better suited for CHP work as oppose to local police street use. Just for atarters the front end is not as forgiving as the tank front end of the crown vic.
    The Magnum is not a good PD car as it does not enough crush space to protect the radios and gear in the rear of the car.

BOBALOO
    My 85+ in a 65 was about 289$ a month ago from CHP. I deserved it, and paid it.

Advantage Adam
    [QUOTE= that could have been alot of beer and cigarettes.[/QUOTE]
    Sounds like he did you a favor

pw_Tony
    The CHP is running 5.7 Hemi's as that is the only V-8 with the police package. This is not the perfect police car, it has it's issues. Actually it is much better suited for CHP work as oppose to local police street use. Just for atarters the front end is not as forgiving as the tank front end of the crown vic.
    The Magnum is not a good PD car as it does not enough crush space to protect the radios and gear in the rear of the car.
    Really? I thought the Larger magnum took the turns much better than the Crown Vic in tight situations. But then again I haven't ridden in an police edition Chargers, and not too many Police Crown Vics sober :devil:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast