Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: cant keep 70 aquacraft in water

beaverfab
    Give me a call I just went through this with my boat not the sane as yours but may be I can help. 972-438-2277 thanks j.j.

LeE ss13
    Cut two inches off the plate or buy a propshaft 2" longer than the one you have now. The boat will lay down.

kostelacd69
    if i add nickles it gets really bad at one point i had 6 nickles in it to see what it would do and it litteraly came flyong out of the water as soon as i hit it and i tried to roll in to it and hopped twice as bad so then i added 5 inches of plate didnt realy change much but made it turn amazing after i did that a cut the shaft and the strut half of an inch once again didnt chage much so now im at a loss

squirt'nmyload
    i saw this boat out at bartlett also....its a beauty.....i was in the shit brown/tan jet .......it looked scary as hell, you made me gasp a couple of times. hopefully you can figure it out ...oh and thank bill again for the part he gave me.......brian

kostelacd69
    haha yeah it is pretty scary and i will tell bill

vdriver4ever
    I am RCL's brother (don't tell anyone) and our Dad's motor is 31 inches off the back so that is one reason our dad's boat has a nicer ride then yours.

VDRIVERACING
    If you have gone through the plate, etc. What gears and prop are you using? You may have too little HP for the combo, which could also push it up and down.
    If this boat has rocker, it may be in the wrong spot for the HP you're running, not able to keep it up on the back of the hull. Rocker placement, I don't believe, is a right or wrong thing so much as a placement fit with your engine/power combo. That's all the second hand guesswork I can give.
    Joey Cucci in Havasu has quite a bit of knowledge in this area. He would be a good guy to chat with for ideas...

bigheavyd2
    Move the motor to 33 inch from the trans need to move your weight forward, if you move it 1 or 2 inch it will not help that much

SnoC653
    I'd make the bottom straight before you moved the motor around. Why make swiss cheese of your stingers only to find out the problem is still there. Fix the hull first then figure out where you want your engine. Every ripple in the bottom of the boat will make it do something wierd and unpredictable. And if the last owner couldn't get it right either, that should tell you it's not just a matter of moving things around.

kostelacd69
    ok im going to do the bottom i had already planed on doing that but i do think that the guy who built it did it right becuase when it was made it was pretty close to bring right, right? so if he put the motor in 6 inches to far back it would have never worked and as the bottom got worse with age the problem got worse

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast