Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help with my pioneer!!

hellbound
    hey guys first time posting here, need a lil help, i have a 77 19ft pioneer, i have a 460 ford with a berkley 12jg-a seems like my boat hits a wall at 4000 rpm, its great outta the hole but at 4k it just won't go any faster any idea's?, also i need a place diverter , which unit will fit the berk 12jg? are they all compatable with this pump? what is the difference in a place diverter and a jetavator? any one have one for sale in here?.. thanks in advance for any advice

blownmoney
    come on fellas, here's a jet boat lover(lol) that need's a lil help getting setup, some one out there's gotta have some ideas for this fella!!

blownmoney
    like get a chevy!!!!..hahaha

screamdreambrad
    cut that impeller down, and you'll get some more rpm, but, it doesn't sound like you have much power there. 400 should get you around 4800 or so. i'd build some more motor over the winter. put a aggressor nozzle on it. they make a sweet adjustable nozzle. talk to pops1, or call em.

Jet City
    What are the particulars of this 460 Ford? As SDB said, sounds like your down on power, and no a BBC isn't the only road to a faster boat. Even a stock 330 hp 460 marine in good tune should pull more than 4000 rpm with an A impellor. I'd go over the engine and tuning to see why its not healthier, check compression, spark advance (initial and more imortantly full advance), ignition system, carb linkage at WOT, jetting, etc. Also on the 460's, many post '71 engines came with 8 degree retarded cam gears (makes for a lazy engine), this can be remedied by using a pre '72 crank gear or a new 3 position timing chain set.(Edelbrock, Comp, etc.).

cyclone
    is the ignition getting full advance? are the secondaries on the carb opening all the way up?

1Bahnerjet
    Pioneer's are Cool
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/43PIONEER-med.jpg[/img]
    ------
    Thats BANNER with an H

blownmoney
    haha that shit is funny.. comes complete with shag carpet!!!! ,

1979tarva
    hey i had a similar problem with my boat same motor and it took a few months for me to finally find that i had a valvetrain problem (wewak springs) my motor sat for about 3 years and the springs on some of the cylinders were weak.
    but check all the normal things like spark fuel compression

hellbound
    blownmoney:
    haha that shit is funny.. comes complete with shag carpet!!!! , ya ill call her the shagster ha ha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast