Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: B&E Results in 2 Dead Robbers

Old Texan
    Yesterday in Pasadena, TX a suburb of Houston, a 70 year old man called 911 to report hearing breaking glass alerting him to a breakin at his neighbors home. Knowing the neighbors were not home he made the emergency call for help and while watching the house saw 2 men coming out carrying a white bag. He told the 911 dispatcher he was getting his gun and stopping the 2 from leaving. The dispatcher to no avail told him not to, heard him rack a shell in the chamber of his shotgun, and off he went.
    The man confronted the 2 as they came through a gate in the neighbors yard and ordered them to halt. They instead decided to run and the man shot 1 in the chest with his shotgun and the other in the side. Perp 1 died on the spot and perp 2 made it several houses down before dying.
    The man then called 911 back and told them what happened. When police arrived he retraced his steps and calmly explained the whole incident in detail.
    The 2 dead were of hispanic descent with various ID from Puerto Rico, Columbia, and the Dominican Republic.
    Authorities say there will be debate about the shooting as the man was defending his neighbor's property rather than his own. Good news is he will perhaps be within his rights if the neighbor had asked he watch over things or considers the man had more rights to the property than the thieves which justifies him defending the property.
    Here's hoping the old fellow gets no billed for the shooting and gets a good neighbor award.

mmered8299
    Sadley the old man will spend the rest of his life in jail.

Old Texan
    I wouldn't bet on it. Texas Grand Juries view property rights as defendable.

YeLLowBoaT
    Only thing wrong with that story is the other guy limped a few houses down before he died...

boats&bars
    God Bless Texas, I hope they throw him a parade,nothing worse than a thief.

Schiada76
    Not in Texas he won't!
    Give him a medal. I think they need to put a bounty on scumbags like these.

DelawareDave
    I suspect that since it happened in Texas, this may not be true.

uvindex
    I wouldn't bet on it.Agreed. And if he needs money for legal fees, I'll bet there will be plenty of law-abiding citizens willing to cough up a few bucks (me included).

BoatPI
    Please forward his address so I can send a box of replacement '00' buckshot for him.

Jbb
    Bang.......Bang.....Adios, dogshit thieves..........Game over.......Excellent Outcome!

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast