Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Water routing

speedymopars
    OK, so there are several ways I've see to route the water
    One is to put it to a water pump, then to block / heads, then to logs and out
    Or
    No water pump with pressure valve to block then to heads and to logs and out
    Or
    No WP reverse flow heads then block then logs and out.
    ____
    I am thinking of something different. As jets are known for excessive pressure anyway, What would happen if I ran the water in, and split it off parallel to the heads, block and logs, recombined it, and sent it out.
    The exhaust would be cool.
    Heads and block would be at same temp, esp if I dumped it out the back of the block.
    Any issues? Maybe not enough flow at idle?

ck7684
    hmmm...dont make it overly complicated...mine runs through a pressure regulator, through the logs, through the engine, then dumps. Even at idle my pressure regulator bypass is flowing water, so I would think it's getting enough...

thatguy
    hmmm...dont make it overly complicated...mine runs through a pressure regulator, through the logs, through the engine, then dumps. Even at idle my pressure regulator bypass is flowing water, so I would think it's getting enough...
    Key words right there!!
    Tommy

speedymopars
    OK, so what is a good regulator? A std house regulator? Is there one that diverts water rather than stalling it?
    Is the prefered method logs then block or the other way around?
    Because I'm running a mopar, it is really easy to change the flow from block to heads, or heads to block.
    I'm thinking logs, heads, then block...sound reasonable?

Jetaholic
    OK, so what is a good regulator? A std house regulator? Is there one that diverts water rather than stalling it?
    Is the prefered method logs then block or the other way around?
    Because I'm running a mopar, it is really easy to change the flow from block to heads, or heads to block.
    I'm thinking logs, heads, then block...sound reasonable?
    The idea behind running to the logs first, then the block, is to preheat the water before it enters the block. Plus, since logs get hotter than the block, it makes more sense to run the water to the logs first while the water is still cold, then to the motor.
    The regulators most of us run are what they call a bypass regulator. It has a ball and spring in it, and when the water pressure reaches a certain point, the valve opens and dumps the excess pressure overboard.

speedymopars
    The idea behind running to the logs first, then the block, is to preheat the water before it enters the block. Plus, since logs get hotter than the block, it makes more sense to run the water to the logs first while the water is still cold, then to the motor.
    The regulators most of us run are what they call a bypass regulator. It has a ball and spring in it, and when the water pressure reaches a certain point, the valve opens and dumps the excess pressure overboard.
    OK, logs, heads then block it is.
    Where is the best place to find a bypass regulator?

Jetaholic
    From McMaster Carr. http://www.mcmaster.com
    I believe their part # is 9763K11 and they run about $45.
    Now why do you have to run water to the heads? It should go to the "T" ---> logs --> block --> thermo housing --> out to the risers to get dumped overboard. The water flows into the block, and then up into the heads, then into the water crossover in the intake manifold.

ck7684
    I got my regulator from HTP

Placecraft Dragstar
    You can buy a regulator at TSC, they dont cost as much as other places.

centerhill condor

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast