Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carb Spacer

River Rat 005
    It seems customary to use a 1" one. How do you go about finding out how much to put in? How does a spacer affect low end? How does it affect top end? I've got a 1" open and I added a 1/2" 4 hole and seen no difference.

Sleeper CP
    For the most part you'll have to be on a dyno to tell the differance. Typical incease is 10-15 HP on some engines, depending on the overall combo you might only see 5 hp. Even if it is 15 hp you wont actually see that in the water with a jet or hydro when you figure out on the upper end how much more power it takes to turn another 100-200 rpm's. It takes alot more that 15 hp.
    The 4 hole might help it idle a little better and a tad better on transition. The 1/2" 4 hole on top of the 1" open isn't a bad idea. You might want to try a 2" open.
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

pw_Tony
    Could try making one of these :idea:
    I think it's an open hole spacer on top blended into a four whole spacer on the bottom
    http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d..._rmouse24z.jpg

Sleeper CP
    Could try making one of these :idea:
    I think it's an open hole spacer on top blended into a four whole spacer on the bottom
    http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d..._rmouse24z.jpg
    Geoff's speed parts . The ones that Wilson sells or HTM(?) are good, You can find them in a Summit or Jegs catalog.
    River rat is your carb a 4150 series or a dominator?
    Sleeper CP

IMPATIENT 1
    so i'm lookin at spacers myself and keep hearing decent responses with the super sucker type 1inch spacers. are the worth the 100 bucks? gonna be runnin a big plate nitrous kit on top of the victor intake. figured i could run the nitrous between the manifold and super sucker. will be turnin @7200-7400 on full spray. what do yall think about em??

spectras only
    Send a pm to member 'CFM' on this board for extensive info . http://www.cfm-tech.com/
    Back in the 70's some big blocks did benefit of the use of spacers as much as 6" tall in the Parker enduro races

Sleeper CP
    so i'm lookin at spacers myself and keep hearing decent responses with the super sucker type 1inch spacers. are the worth the 100 bucks? gonna be runnin a big plate nitrous kit on top of the victor intake. figured i could run the nitrous between the manifold and super sucker. will be turnin @7200-7400 on full spray. what do yall think about em??
    I've had good luck with the Super Sucker spacers on 4 different engines.
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

IMPATIENT 1
    I've had good luck with the Super Sucker spacers on 4 different engines.
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover
    should have mentioned i was runnin a single dominator 1050, flows over 1150cfm. i herd they help transition at low rpms/improve booster signal, any truth to it?

pw_Tony
    should have mentioned i was runnin a single dominator 1050, flows over 1150cfm. i herd they help transition at low rpms/improve booster signal, any truth to it?
    That spacer there was made before they production made them I believe. That spacer cleared up several motors and they all benefitted from it. Anywhere from 10-30horsepower. I know I'm getting one very soon

Placecraft Dragstar
    On the roundy round boats, ( hydroplanes ) that are limited to cubic inches they run like 8 to 10 inches of spacer to get the RPM they want to go fast. The more spacer up put on it takes from the bottom end and puts it on the top end.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast