Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fock Foothill Ford

Chubby4Life
    My truck broke down last Thursday and I had it towed to Foothill Ford in La Verne for the warranty work. When I went to pick it up today I noticed my wedding ring was missing from my cup holder! Standard dealer response was: Why would our tech's risk their job over a ring. Not getting any answers I filed a report with LACSD and then called the GM of the dealership and left a message for Pete. That was at noon and now it's 4:45. Nice customer service Pete! One would think this would be high priority for him. I don't think I have any other recourse aside from calling Ford corporate to complain and filing a complaint with the BBB. Sorry to rant but I just wanted to warn those who might use Foothill Ford for service work.

Chris

Havasu1986
    Did they tow the truck also..

jbtrailerjim
    I know it's f*cked up that stole your wedding ring but why would you leave something like that in your truck while it's at the dealership?
    I don't leave ANYTHING of value in my vehicles when I drop them off for service. I don't trust anyone! F*ckin theives are everywhere.

topless
    My truck broke down last Thursday and I had it towed to Foothill Ford in La Verne for the warranty work. When I went to pick it up today I noticed my wedding ring was missing from my cup holder! Standard dealer response was: Why would our tech's risk their job over a ring. Not getting any answers I filed a report with LACSD and then called the GM of the dealership and left a message for Pete. That was at noon and now it's 4:45. Nice customer service Pete! One would think this would be high priority for him. I don't think I have any other recourse aside from calling Ford corporate to complain and filing a complaint with the BBB. Sorry to rant but I just wanted to warn those who might use Foothill Ford for service work.

ChrisJust remember when filing a complaint with the BBB, you also have to include what sort of resolution you want to come of this complaint.
    I know the BBB will write a letter to them stating your complaint and what you want them to do about it. They will most likely respond by saying exactly what they told you. Do you honestly think that whoever took it is going to confess? Did you see who stole it? Can you prove it was there when you dropped the truck off? Why were you not wearing it? Maybe the tow truck driver took it or maybe you really left it at your girlfriends house.:idea:
    Maybe you should be mad at yourself for leaving it there in the first place.

Chubby4Life
    Did they tow the truck also..
    No, it was an outside company through Ford roadside. The tow truck driver never got into the truck. He pushed on the brake with one hand and shifted to neutral with the other. I watched him very closely knowing the rep. of shady tow companies.

Schiada76
    Have you checked under your girlfriend's bed?:idea: :jawdrop:

Chubby4Life
    Just remember when filing a complaint with the BBB, you also have to include what sort of resolution you want to come of this complaint.
    I know the BBB will write a letter to them stating your complaint and what you want them to do about it. They will most likely respond by saying exactly what they told you. Do you honestly think that whoever took it is going to confess? Did you see who stole it? Can you prove it was there when you dropped the truck off? Why were you not wearing it? Maybe the tow truck driver took it or maybe you really left it at your girlfriends house.:idea:
    Maybe you should be mad at yourself for leaving it there in the first place.
    I'm kicking myself for leaving it behind, I only have myself to blame for that.
    I smashed the top of my hand loading stuff in the back of the truck earlier that day and it was not comfy with the slight swelling so I took it off. I left it behind thinking it was safer there than in my pants pocket or risk forgetting it in the rental car.

Chubby4Life
    I'm kicking myself for leaving it behind, I only have myself to blame for that.
    I smashed the top of my hand loading stuff in the back of the truck earlier that day and it was not comfy with the slight swelling so I took it off. I left it behind thinking it was safer there than in my pants pocket or risk forgetting it in the rental car.
    Also, I saw it as I was removing my checkbooks and phone charger from the console.

rsoscia
    I know it's f*cked up that stole your wedding ring but why would you leave something like that in your truck while it's at the dealership?
    I don't leave ANYTHING of value in my vehicles when I drop them off for service. I don't trust anyone! F*ckin theives are everywhere.
    Same here I had stuff taken from a dealer a while back... if its not bolted down it will be stolen... theives are everywhere.

Baja Big Dog
    Ya, lets see, you have already bought the truck right? Then the standard response is too bad, they don't give a shit about your problem, you signed the work order and I can guarantee that it states somewhere on the form they are not responsible for lost of stolen or damaged goods.
    Good luck.
    The ring is only the beginning, how many times do you think you will take it back to get the problem fixed????

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast