Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Child support

purrfecttremor
    My daughter's ex missed his first court ordered child support payment today. We were afraid he would be a dead beat dad and now it is reality. He's got unlimited resources for attorneys. What recourse is next? We understand we must grant him his court appointed visitation, and would not deny him this. But what next?

Kilrtoy
    get whatever county you reside in , involved and they will collect for you.

Some Kind Of Monster
    I thought they pull that $ right out of his paycheck so that he doesnt have a choice?

MAINEVENT
    My daughter's ex missed his first court ordered child support payment today. We were afraid he would be a dead beat dad and now it is reality. He's got unlimited resources for attorneys. What recourse is next? We understand we must grant him his court appointed visitation, and would not deny him this. But what next?
    Damn I pay my child support and just got denied my request for half of their x-mas vacation... (and yes i have 7 unconsecutive weeks for this reason but the court gave her the right to agree or disagree) Dead beat money hungry fukin MOMS exist too... Not just dead beat dads... Its amazing what these wonderful courts grant these sorry excuses for moms half our $$$$ just cause they own vaginas...

OKIE-JET
    Damn I pay my child support and just got denied my request for half of their x-mas vacation... (and yes i have 7 unconsecutive weeks for this reason but the court gave her the right to agree or disagree) Dead beat money hungry fukin MOMS exist too... Not just dead beat dads... Its amazing what these wonderful courts grant these sorry excuses for moms half our $$$$ just cause they own vaginas...
    No shit.

C-2
    He's got unlimited resources for attorneys.
    Meaning he has the funds, or works in the industry?

YeLLowBoaT
    or just make a call to FTB... they are the ones that actually collect it now... kind of funny the year they started collections trippled.

purrfecttremor
    I understand what your gripe is but she tried to handle it in medeation and he drug her to court.Guess what the court ordered him to pay twice what she asked for so----fock him. MAN UP!!

Baja Big Dog
    I keep trying to tell you guys ...Ensanada...hundy a night, next day, you dont even know her name!!!

HavasuSelect
    I used to work as a Child Support Officer in LA County. It was only for a short time but i"ll share my opinion......
    I just hope the case isn't opened in LA County, their case load is ridiculous. LA County has a bigger case load then every other count in CA combined. And in some cases a few states combined.
    Not much action will be taken with a one month delinquency. Hopefully your daughter knows where he's employed. If so the County will send a pretty threatening letter to the employer. If he works under the table there's not much that can be done to start a wage garnishment, however the arrears will continue to grow and accrue interest.
    Once it gets to a certain point his license can be suspended, liens can be put on his house/ on his name. Bank account assests can be seized. Don't forget a delinquency on child support is like a delinquency on a credit card. It goes on your credit report.
    Criminal charges cannot be filed until after a full year of non payment and are usually highly unlikely. I wouldn't even consider bringing in a 3rd party to collect past due support. They pretty much do everything Child Support Dept does......
    Also, the more your daughter calls for status on the case the better. That way action will be taken.....

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast