Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gel Coat Wax

likeFATHERlikeSON3
    Wondering if anyone has any suggestions about any wax for gelcoat? I have used 3M stuff, it's pretty good, but fades fast. Thanks

timitunnel
    I bought some stuff at costco called zymoil and I think it has lasted longer than anything else I've tried. Tim

HammerDown
    If the surface your waxing is in good shape the wax will last longer...sounds like ya may have to wet sand and buff out the gell coat. Marine grade polish and wax seems to last a little longer than the auto products.

PUMP 'HER'
    I have had some good sucess with a product called driven. Bought it at the L.A boat show not sure where else to buy it they have the start of a web site at www.driventoperfection.com. my gel coat was in a very dull condition, used their cleaner wax and the polish and it turned out very nice. used a wool bonnet for the cleaner and foam for the polish.

SQUIRRELY
    I USE ZYMOIL WAX ON MY GEL COAT.IT WORKS REALLY GOOD.SQUIRRELY

Ive heard that carnuba is not good for the gelcoat but in my experiences, that protects the surface longer and seems to be more durable than teflons and oils,...so ,whatever you decide to go with I would recomend going with 100% carnuba, mcguires makes some good stuff (burgundy container, paste wax).

Hermosa
    Go to Wal Mart and get that stuff called "Teflon Boat Wax". Someone gave that to me as a gift about 10 years ago, it's made by StarBrite. I let it sit for a year or so, but then decided to use it just to have something to do.... I think it's the best wax I have ever used, no kidding! I use this stuff on everything, my boats, cars, everything! I think what I really like is the fact that it wipes off really easily if you use the correct amount. All I know is that I get lots of compliments on all my vehicles. I don't believe in endorsing (sp?) products, but this stuff has really worked well for me foy years. Anyone who knows me, knows I like my stuff to look perfect all the time, this wax is good in my book. Also, they sell this same way under other names if you go to the StarBrite web site or other sales outlets. I'm sure calling it "Teflon Boat Wax" was a marketing ploy to Bayliner owners. Try it. Wow, I feel like a piece of SPAM...

Hermosa
    Go to Wal Mart and get that stuff called "Teflon Boat Wax". Someone gave that to me as a gift about 10 years ago, it's made by StarBrite. I let it sit for a year or so, but then decided to use it just to have something to do.... I think it's the best wax I have ever used, no kidding! I use this stuff on everything, my boats, cars, everything! I think what I really like is the fact that it wipes off really easily if you use the correct amount. All I know is that I get lots of compliments on all my vehicles. I don't believe in endorsing (sp?) products, but this stuff has really worked well for me for years. Anyone who knows me, knows I like my stuff to look perfect all the time, this wax is good in my book. Also, they sell this same wax under other names if you go to the StarBrite web site or other sales outlets. I'm sure calling it "Teflon Boat Wax" was a marketing ploy to Bayliner owners. Try it. Wow, I feel like a piece of SPAM...

novaguy
    I just tried Meguiar's Boat/RV wax. Worked great. Make sure you polish your boat first with Meguiar's Boat/RV polish. The polish is what brings out the shine, the wax just protects it. Good luck.

HammerDown
    Yep that's what I use. The polish is good stuff! But they say never use there marine products on an auto finnish!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast