Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fire weather in the forecast...

Lightning
    I was reading the weater report and noticed that strong offshore winds are forecast for next week. They say that the winds may be stronger then they were during the most recent fires. Lots of people going out of town for the holiday - hopefully they have made the proper preparations at home.

RitcheyRch
    Sure hope we dont have any more fires.

FLOJO
    i hear they are going to bring in some c 130 just in case. They will be in place on sunday or monday at the base. We (the channel island guard base) havent been able to fly on the fires because we have new c 130js and they havent been able to make the new units for the plane but it all comes down to politcs.

Ziggy
    Lets all hope for a sparkless wind event....there isn't all that much left to burn

Riverkid
    Lets all hope for a sparkless wind event....there isn't all that much left to burn
    Bingo.

Throttle
    there is LOTS to burn still.
    don't play with matches

Ziggy
    there is LOTS to burn still.
    don't play with matches
    No kidding huh? Our area is 75% Chapparel with islands of homes within, So Cal is nothing but a huge fuel supply.

Throttle
    No kidding huh? Our area is 75% Chapparel with islands of homes within, So Cal is nothing but a huge fuel supply.
    I am working till Monday morning as it is for now (I came on duty yesterday am). So it could really turn into a long couple weekends

Ziggy
    I am working till Monday morning as it is for now (I came on duty yesterday am). So it could really turn into a long couple weekends
    Hoping for the best and that the weather guys are over estimating to keep people on their toes, I don't need any more friends loosing homes and all they owned.

AQUA-HOLICS
    Throttle, looks like the dept is gearing up with extra staffing on mon-tues-wed, good luck getting off duty this week! Ray 37-A.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast