Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barbeque Grill

Spotondl
    Reading the turkey prep thread & BBQ'ing turkeys got me thinking...
    Once the que is done, do you clean those grates to the point of new?
    or...
    Leave them until next time and burn the residue off while warming up the que?

Spotondl
    You clean your grill?
    LOL, you of all people... I figured you would clean your grill to the point that you could return the thing to the store you purchased it from after a full year of hard use...

Spotondl
    Ok... I'm with ya on this one...
    The only time I regretted it was when I opened the grill to find what looked like a million grease ants on the grill... Fire extermination and one hell of a clean up job and I was good to go...

Not So Fast
    I hate cleaning the damn thing but I have found that by spraying the grill with the BBQ grill non stick stuff that the chicken or whatever doesnt stick to the grill like before and when done queing while its still hot just run the Grill hawg wire brush over it and it stays pretty nice, or not NSF

hkunz
    Ok... I'm with ya on this one...
    The only time I regretted it was when I opened the grill to find what looked like a million grease ants on the grill... Fire extermination and one hell of a clean up job and I was good to go...
    The ants add flavor

boat boy
    Clean the grates prior and after, but remember with cast iron grates its what they call seasoning the grate as while.

ratso
    We power wash ours on a regular basis...

snake321
    When I'm done I turn all the burners all the way up and leave the cover closed for about 5 minutes,or until the yard is smoked out, which ever comes first......
    automatic clean

Schiada76
    This reminds me I need to rebuild the river house Q. It's only 21 years old, I think I can get another ten out of it.

H20Advantage
    Easy way to clean your grill.
    Lay two pieces of Aluminum foil over the grills covering the whole thing. close the cover and turn all the burners to the preheat position for 5 to 10 minutes.
    When your done all you will have is ash at the bottom of the grill. Much like a self clean oven.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast