Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This is way ugly, Drilling Rig

wedge44
    Here in Canada, fuking up is a good way to get promoted too .
    Generally it saves the lives of those working around them,

Baja Big Dog
    You mean that guy that went from standing to prone in .001 seconds didnt get hurt??
    Holy crap...

Baja Big Dog
    You mean that guy that went from standing to prone in .001 seconds didnt get hurt??
    Holy crap...

thatguy
    Holy crap...
    Butt hurt maybe!!
    No injuries. I know, hard to believe. I wish the Co. Man had not dubbed the music on it, it sounded like a bomb. The guys here that work in the patch know just how violent it is. The thing that always amazes me, even after all these year, is just how fast shit happens.
    Tommy

OCMerrill
    Holy crap Tommy.....
    Just amazing no one was hurt.

thatguy
    The guy that gets blown back can be seen crawling out of the mess right at the end.
    Tommy

hoolign
    I've worked on a few rigs overseas and forgeting to shut down the pumps was a popular past time, especially the first connection after crew change. Generally fairly harmless,,,,, though it does wake everyone up.
    Here in Canada, fuking up is a good way to get promoted too .
    Hey Fukker..hows thangs?? Gimme a shout I'm off till Friday! Still got my cell #?

hoolign
    Hey peeps,
    Here is a video of something that happened a while back on the rig I am assigned to. It was recorded by the rig floor surveillance and DVR.The driller was making a connection (adding another 32' joint of drill pipe) and did not turn off his mud pumps before unscrewing from his kelly. (The rotating drive) 2300 psi and 750 GPM. No one was hurt, amazingly! The Company man added the damned music before I got it, or you would hear it. Sounded like a bomb.
    Tommy
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s...Connection.flv
    What a dumb ass! Lucky he never killed him at that rate!! We used to do that with (1) pump idled right down when green hands were on the floor for the first time..nothing more than a good soaking. What is this PSI and GPM you speak of??

thatguy
    What a dumb ass! Lucky he never killed him at that rate!! We used to do that with (1) pump idled right down when green hands were on the floor for the first time..nothing more than a good soaking. What is this PSI and GPM you speak of??
    Hey Hooli,
    I got no phone service up in this canyon, will come down in a couple days to make contact with the world.
    What does that equate to in the rest of the world? (PSI & gallons PM)
    2839.059 Litres per minute and.....1.585794e+007 Pascal??
    Tommy

hoolign
    Hey Hooli,
    I got no phone service up in this canyon, will come down in a couple days to make contact with the world.
    What does that equate to in the rest of the world? (PSI & gallons PM)
    2839.059 Litres per minute and.....1.585794e+007 Pascal??
    Tommy
    LOL ..just givin ya a hard time

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast