Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: * Suspension Lift Kit for Chevy, HELP

Looking for a lift kit, I do not know much about them, that is why I am coming to you guys/gals for help.
    I have a Chevy 2004 Crew cab Z71 1500 4x4 5.3 v8.
    Looking for something in the 4-6" size, do not want to do a body lift. Will be doing a little off roading, nothing major. I do not want my ride to be all F-ed up.
    I had a Ford F150 with a Fab Tech lift many years ago and was happy with their product.
    What is out there to look at? Any pros or cons of one kit vs. the other ?

Riverat84
    IMO, CST is one of the best companies, they gusset the crap out of their components, and i havent had any problems with their product...my .02
    Reid

XtrmWakeborder
    CST, Cognito, RCD are all good lift kits

WTMFA
    I second the CST recommendation.
    I have an 04 2500 HD Chevy with their 9" lift and I have done some things in my truck that I should not have and the kit has been flawless. One thing I like about CST is they use your stock spindle which means your front end width does not change. Some other kits supply you with their spindle which increases the front end width. This may appeal to some but I think it is unessasary for the street.
    Make sure you DO NOT use the keys that are sold to lift the front end. On a 4X4 with IFS this increases the angle of the CV's and you WILL break them in 4wd under even a slight load.
    Hope this helps.

DSW
    Also check out RCD. Same setup as the CST.

RaceFace
    Ive got the RCD 6" lift...30k miles and no issues. Very happy with it...would do it again IF I lift my next truck

RaceFace
    Looking for a lift kit, I do not know much about them, that is why I am coming to you guys/gals for help.
    I have a Chevy 2004 Crew cab Z71 1500 4x4 5.3 v8.
    Looking for something in the 4-6" size, do not want to do a body lift. Will be doing a little off roading, nothing major. I do not want my ride to be all F-ed up.
    I had a Ford F150 with a Fab Tech lift many years ago and was happy with their product.
    What is out there to look at? Any pros or cons of one kit vs. the other ?
    If you're going 6", you will probably be running 35's...be sure to look into 4:10's for your diffs too. You wont be sorry.

I will have to double check but pretty sure I bought with 4.10.
    Any other tips or tricks....
    thank you so far.

pancho
    dreamin,i have the same truck with a fabtech 6" lift and 295/75x16 tires,i couldnt be happier with the ride and whatnot,had to trim a small amount of plastic from the inner fender liners at the front corners you cant even tell,i dont off-road much so i went with a medium stiff shock,nothing hard core here but a great ride none the less,btw,my truck is a LT not a z-71,doubt it makes a difference

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast