Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Qaudrasteer Chevy HD

uLtRADeNniS
    Anyone have one? Has anyone lifted one?
    I just bought one and want to lift it. I called 4wheel parts and they say there is nothing different with lifting them, just not to go bigger than 35" tires and I can use any kit. The only thing they recommend is wheel spacers in the front and rear.
    So I called BTW Performance and they said Bullet Proof are the only ones that make a kit for it. For there 6" inch kit, 35"s and 18" rims they want $7500 installed. I don't know how they came up with that price?
    Lift kit with shocks - $2000
    Rims and tires I want - $2000
    ....So install is $3,500 bucks? Yeah RIGHT!..If so Im in the wrong business!
    Can anyone shed some light please.... I figure I can get better advice on rather than calling around.
    http://autoreview.ru/new_site/year20...s/800/QUAD.jpg

sigepmock
    Anyone have one? Has anyone lifted one?
    I just bought one and want to lift it. I called 4wheel parts and they say there is nothing different with lifting them, just not to go bigger than 35" tires and I can use any kit. The only thing they recommend is wheel spacers in the front and rear.
    So I called BTW Performance and they said Bullet Proof are the only ones that make a kit for it. For there 6" inch kit, 35"s and 18" rims they want $7500 installed. I don't know how they came up with that price?
    Lift kit with shocks - $2000
    Rims and tires I want - $2000
    ....So install is $3,500 bucks? Yeah RIGHT!..If so Im in the wrong business!
    Can anyone shed some light please.... I figure I can get better advice on rather than calling around.
    First off DON'T TRUST ANYTHING 4WHEEL PARTS SAYS!!!!!
    Then call around to a couple different REPUTABLE lift shops. Jay at Extreme trucks Anaheim, Jason at Rancho Motorsports in Ontario. The rear stear uses an electric actuator I think and they don't like the larger tires at slow speeds. I'm not 100% sure but I remember reading it wasn't that easy to lift them. Also wheel spacers are always a bad idea in HD trucks....Just get the right back spacing.
    Do a search hear:
    http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/
    Good Luck,
    Chris

uLtRADeNniS
    First off DON'T TRUST ANYTHING 4WHEEL PARTS SAYS!!!!!
    Then call around to a couple different REPUTABLE lift shops. Jay at Extreme trucks Anaheim, Jason at Rancho Motorsports in Ontario. The rear stear uses an electric actuator I think and they don't like the larger tires at slow speeds. I'm not 100% sure but I remember reading it wasn't that easy to lift them. Also wheel spacers are always a bad idea in HD trucks....Just get the right back spacing.
    Do a search hear:
    http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/
    Good Luck,
    Chris
    Is 4wheel parts a crappy shop?
    I just talked to a guy from Outlaw Offroad. Real cool guy. He suggested to leave the back alone(because of the rear spindles) and put CST 4" spindles on the front... with that I can run some 33" Toyos. I will sit a little pre-runner buts thats perfectly fine with me. I really don't wanna go 6" anyways. The guys at Outlaw seem to be able to do what I want for the price I want.. So ill be taking the truck there it looks like.

LAFD
    ide say definitly give jay a shot. he did some work on my truck way cool guy easy to work with and wont dick you around. btw is way expensive. the owner is a dick and a couple employees are going to be quiting soon.

Uniqueperformancewest
    Dennis,
    If you bring the truck to me I will do the install for free on the 4" CST spindles, let me know and I will get everything going for you.
    Thanks John
    Unique Performance West, Inc.

AZJD
    Dennis,
    If you bring the truck to me I will do the install for free on the 4" CST spindles, let me know and I will get everything going for you.
    Thanks John
    Unique Performance West, Inc.
    Damn! That's pretty cool.

BoatPI
    Sounds like another HB Forum deal!

Markos
    I have a 2003 hd 2 wd with Qaudrasteer. 4 wheel Parts put a 6 in lift on it. The only problem is they said they couldn't change the shocks because of the auto ride on the computor.They fabbed up some shock extenders that are kind of funkie. What will happen if I change the shocks? Will I get some kind of warning light or will it F*** things up? I really need more shocks.

uLtRADeNniS
    Thanks Jay! I'll be in touch with you soon!
    I have a 2003 hd 2 wd with Qaudrasteer. 4 wheel Parts put a 6 in lift on it. The only problem is they said they couldn't change the shocks because of the auto ride on the computor.They fabbed up some shock extenders that are kind of funkie. What will happen if I change the shocks? Will I get some kind of warning light or will it F*** things up? I really need more shocks.
    Do you have pics of your truck? Id like to see it!
    What size tires did you go with? Do they rub on the springs?
    I would think if you changed the shocks you would just loose the auto ride. I have it too and wouldn't mind sacrificing it. For a set of Bilsteins.

Markos
    I have 16 in with 33 in . They look real small, I will be getting bigger tires soon. I'll be at the Springs all weekend #177 I think I paid about $2,500. for the lift

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast