Thread: which intake manifold for 460?

FordTech
    I am at a cross roads here. Need to buy a intake for my 460. I see many of you running dual quads which seems like to much carb but it works. So I am running a predetor carb and I am leaning towards a edelbrock victor manifold rpm range 3500 to 8000. On the other hand looking at weiand intake stealth from idle to 6800. Any feed back would be appreciated. argue

Cantrip
    when I last rebuilt my 460 I decked the block and added the weiand stealth, its higher than stock, so be preparred to have a few inches sticking out of the top, but for the most part, I think both are great manifolds, mine added almost 200 rpm top end on my motor.
    [ February 09, 2003, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: Cantrip ]

sleekcraft76
    im at the same point about chosing an intake.a tunnel ram with duel 4s wouild be nice what kind of engine requirements are needed ,i have a 460 also?

NeoBurn
    I hope I got a decent one I went with the Edlebrock Torker II on my 460 Ford.

FordTech,
    I'm kind of at the same point as you, but am keeping the stock intake for the time being. I ran a 8012 stealth on the 460 in my Tahiti, and loved it. It sits 2" higher than the stock SCJ cast iron intake I have on my Advantage now, but would have to modify the engine cover to use it. Maybe later after I've started sorting out my combination. Look at what CR you have, how it's cammed, what impeller, etc to determine if a tunnel ram works for you.
    Good luck

93eliminator
    i ran aperformer rpm on mine worked well for me

Hotcrusader76
    For some good info and tech on Ford products log onto another favorite site of mine.
    http://www.fordmuscle.com
    ~Ty

GM Killer
    I ve tried em all and the Victor Jr has worked the best. With a 1050 it ran better then with a "poor" tunnel ram and twin 750s. With some port work, especially the plenum area, that intake really works.

Kwicherbichen
    NeoBurn:
    I hope I got a decent one I went with the Edlebrock Torker II on my 460 Ford. I have one of those collecting dust in my garage right now. I have the Performer on there now. Can't say if it is better or not? The guy that owned the boat before me did the change. The Edelbrock catalog lists the Torker II and suggests it for marine performance. Hell, I don't know shit about any of this stuff, I just run it.

NeoBurn
    Well I'll let everyone know soon, I pulled my motor this weekend and packaged up the jet to get rebuilt. Going to have the manifold sent out to get polished and clear coated. Anyone in San Diego area recommend a good polisher?
    [ February 10, 2003, 06:25 AM: Message edited by: NeoBurn ]