Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Prime Rib Roast recipe

INSman
    Anyone got the killer fool-proof recipe ?!? Where is A Catered Life when you need him :idea:
    Tried a few and never had it come out bad, but never great either

YeLLowBoaT
    Salt and pepper is all they need... after that just let it roast.

bchbum
    What temp & how long per pound ? I've been thinking about doing this , just don't want to ruin a great piece of meat .

C-2
    Keep it simple.
    Be selective in your cut of meat. Don’t settle for a small sucky end cut. If it looks like shiat when you buy it – it will not taste any better after cooking it. You know when the counter guy sez can I help you with something? Say sure, and find a good cut.
    Rub the roast in olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. If you can get away with it, use lotsa cracked pepper to form a nice crust.
    Bring the roast up to room temp before you cook it (let it set for 2-3 hours, it won’t hurt it) Heat your oven to the point it almost burns the house down; sear the roast for a ½ hour, then low and slow to your liking.
    Yeah, yeah, slits with garlic cloves, Rosemary, other things. Don’t need em. The flavor comes from the cut of meat itself, not all the garbage you stick into or on it.
    And for god’s sake, do not keep poking it or opening the oven. Use a meat thermometer, put it in and leave it alone, that’s what the window is for on the oven.
    Cooking is one of my hobbies too

48OFF
    This works for any size roast any kind. You do all the fancy stuff to it like rolling or covering it in rock salt,special herbs,ect ect if you want or just put it in, or on a roasting pan. This is the part that is hard to understand how it works but it does.
    1 Put it in oven preheated to 375. Cook for 1 hour and turn off oven, and do not open the oven ever.(The roast must be in for at least 2 hours and up to 5 this way with the oven off) 2 One hour before you want to eat turn oven back on at 300 for 45 minutes. Then take out of oven and let it rest for 15 minutes before carving and it will be perfectly medium rare no matter what size roast you have. I have done 20+ prime ribs this way from 2 pounders up to a 26 pound monster. 3 If you have someone that does not like a perfectly done prime rib just put their piece into the micro for a minute to get rid of the pink for them. Dont try to put the whole thing in longer as it screws it up. My mom found this recipe from a cookbook I think named Colorado Cashe or something like that. It works everytime.

48OFF
    This works for any size roast any kind. You do all the fancy stuff to it like rolling or covering it in rock salt,special herbs,ect ect if you want or just put it in, or on a roasting pan. This is the part that is hard to understand how it works but it does.
    1 Put it in oven preheated to 375. Cook for 1 hour and turn off oven, and do not open the oven ever.(The roast must be in for at least 2 hours and up to 5 this way with the oven off) 2 One hour before you want to eat turn oven back on at 300 for 45 minutes. Then take out of oven and let it rest for 15 minutes before carving and it will be perfectly medium rare no matter what size roast you have. I have done 20+ prime ribs this way from 2 pounders up to a 26 pound monster. 3 If you have someone that does not like a perfectly done prime rib just put their piece into the micro for a minute to get rid of the pink for them. Dont try to put the whole thing in longer as it screws it up. My mom found this recipe from a cookbook I think named Colorado Cashe or something like that. It works everytime.

DeltaSigBoater
    What temp & how long per pound ? I've been thinking about doing this , just don't want to ruin a great piece of meat .
    Let it come to room temp before cooking.
    500* for 15 minutes, 350* remaining cook time.
    Cook 15 - 18 minutes per lbs = 120* Rare. 18 - 20 minutes per lbs = 135* Med Rare.
    Do not let it reach temp in the oven. Remove 10* to 15* below temp. The heat of the meat and roasting pan will bring it to temp, let stand for @ least 15 minutes, This will also allow for the juices to redistribute throughout the roast.

INSman
    Are you keeping a meat thermo in and pulling out at 115, 120 ???

Mardonzi
    This is how I usually prepare it..
    Rub it down with Olive oil the day before, then coat it in a spice mix called "Spike" (you can get it at any Hi-Health store).
    Take a large cast iron frypan, fill it up 1/2 way with oil, get it hot and then deepfry (sear) the roast, turning it till there is a crust. Pull it out and then bake it at 225 till the meat thermometer reads 10 degrees lower than how you want the finish to be. It will cook another 10 degrees after you pull it.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast