Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: berkley JE pumps

77468sleekcraft
    I was wondering if anyone is running this type of pump,or if they have any knowledge about the performance of this style pump... GOOD OR BAD

Blown 472
    77468sleekcraft:
    I was wondering if anyone is running this type of pump,or if they have any knowledge about the performance of this style pump... GOOD OR BADI have one in my boat, put a shoe and loader, flowed mpd imp and bowl, dominator o ring and nozzle reducer, I like it but I guess it is not the hot ticket for big speed.

Bajajet
    Blown 472 - How did you do a shoe on the E Pump? How about a picture or two. Was that an MPD mod also? Some bad mouth this pump but it sure is handy to have the hand hole outside the boat!

pops1
    GOOD OR BAD[/QB]JE is a good pump with easy install for OEM (pump is set by insert mold and intake is part of the laminating schedule). Many shops offer shoes for this unit also loader can be added by pump builders. Not a Race intake yet is "A-OK" for most boaters. When Aggressor started to test our new Impellers and Bowl Designs, we picked up a 20 1/2' ultra "open bow" with a E pump. unit ran 53.7 stock 454 when we finished with it, unit ran 64.7 on the gun. Very respectable for a stock application & ski boat.
    Aggressor plans to release in late spring a replacement unit for the E with fins and machined shoe (matching the all dimensional points of installation). In some cases a new pump can be cheaper then a complete re-do.
    Dave

Blown 472
    Bajajet:
    Blown 472 - How did you do a shoe on the E Pump? How about a picture or two. Was that an MPD mod also? Some bad mouth this pump but it sure is handy to have the hand hole outside the boat!I bought my shoe from High tech, Duane O. I need to tweak it some. He has some pix on his web site, I think it is high tech marine, it was last year and alot of brain cells ago. I like it, the boat took a higher set and freeed it up, yup no water in the boat for me.

77468sleekcraft
    my boat has this pump and it really moves.so you guys think a loader will help.

Blown 472
    77468sleekcraft:
    my boat has this pump and it really moves.so you guys think a loader will help.You might want to talk to Jack at mpd, he just did a e pump with a loader and shoe and said it made a big diff, I have one of his loaders in my boat and I like it, I am going to play with it though lower it and see if I can pack some more water.

77468sleekcraft
    OK. SO WHAT IS MPD.AND HOW MUCH $$ IS A GOOD LOADER AND HOW CAN YOU TELL IF YOU NEED ONE,I MEAN WILL THE BOAT OR MOTER GIVE ANY SIGNS OR SHOW SYMPTOMS OF IT NEEDING THAT,AND WHAT EXACTLY WILL IT DO.

Blown 472
    77468sleekcraft:
    OK. SO WHAT IS MPD.AND HOW MUCH $$ IS A GOOD LOADER AND HOW CAN YOU TELL IF YOU NEED ONE,I MEAN WILL THE BOAT OR MOTER GIVE ANY SIGNS OR SHOW SYMPTOMS OF IT NEEDING THAT,AND WHAT EXACTLY WILL IT DO.Oops sorry, marine performance designs, 1 949 631 2040. I am not sure if it will show anything, if you just have a rock grate on there, when you put a loader on it, you should see a speed increase due to more water being packed into the pump.

77468sleekcraft
    OK THANKS FOR THE ADVICE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast