Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Supply Lines

Wet Dream
    I have 2, 10 gallon aluminum tanks that are threaded at the top. What I have in the threads are brass 90* fittings that are barbed to accept 3/8" rubber lines. From there, it goes to a "T" and has a single 3/8" rubber hose that goes to the fuel pump. One the old NA motor with a mechanical pump and a single 750 this was plenty, but I want to know if this is going to be enough to now feed a BG mechanical pump and 2 850 DP's on top of the 871?

jets4me
    bill i dont think that will work from each tan i have #8 to a tee and then #10 from there to the pump and then #8 for the rest of the set up with a pypass system

superdave013
    now that you are looking at things. Take a look and see what size the pick up tubes are that go down inside your tanks.

Wet Dream
    Jets, are you running the electrical pump? I won't have a bypass system on mine. SuperD, I was thinking the along the same lines. Although the fitting is more than likely threaded at 1/2" from what I can remember, the pickup tube that is inside the tank is only a copper tube at 3/8". So even if I increase the other lines in theory to 1", it will still only be able to draw 3/8" worth of fuel. The only thing I have woking in my favor is 2 lines (one from each tank) totaling 3/4". So if I go from the tanks to a T and then run #8's to the filter and pump to the carbs, will I get enough flow?

DansBlown73Nordic
    Put in a fuel pressure gauge on the dash so you can keep an eye on it. Remember if it runs lean it won't be as cheap to fix as the 455.... :crossx:
    20 gallons of fuel will get you up to power plant.....lmao

DelawareDave
    The only thing I have woking in my favor is 2 lines (one from each tank) totaling 3/4". So if I go from the tanks to a T and then run #8's to the filter and pump to the carbs, will I get enough flow?
    It would take 4- 3/8 dia. lines to equal 1- 3/4" dia. line.

jets4me
    bill i am runing a machanical pump my pick up in my tank are a 3/8 tube i had bungs welded in my tank for returns and and new suply lines and did not need them with the pypass system bill you should look in to the py pass system it iis cheap way to do it and looks clean the bypass valve was only 50$ were a good regulater is in the 100$ range or more and if you run a return system where you going to run it to

Dimarco Kid
    I think FatRat runs a bypass system too....really clean setup.

DansBlown73Nordic
    Yes Rat does run one. I have 7/16 fuel lines from my tanks with a mechanical fuel pump. I have seen those electric ones screw up to many times. Plus if you run low on battery juice you can run farther with a mechanical pump. Just my .039 cents.

Heatseeker
    ...the pickup tube that is inside the tank is only a copper tube at 3/8"...
    Have you actually seen the pick up tubes? In my first jet, they were less than 1/4" i.d. Be sure. It would be a really lousy reason for a motor to burn down.
    I welded in 3/8" pipe nipples in the tanks of my current boat. #8 from each tank to a tee and #10 to the mechanical pump, #8 from the pump to the log and from the bypass back to the tee. I haven't had any fuel supply issues with this set up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast