Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do I need an attorney?

dankirk
    My wife and I bought our 1st house about 10 months ago. It is a brand new house. We took the keys in September. When we bought the house, we signed agreements that the house is our primary residence, that we would not immediately sell it, and that we would occupy it. Everyone who bought in our division signed the same agreements. I thought the agreements were fair and I looked forward to having other homeowners for neighbors.
    Well now both the houses on either side of us are occupied by renters. The buyers never lived in the houses. They were vacant for several months, and I began to worry. About 2 months ago one family of renters moved into one of the houses, and today another family of renters moved into the house on the other side.
    I am pissed. Do I have any recourse? Should I contact a Real Estate attorney? Am I a snob for being upset about having renters for neighbors?

H20 Toie
    My wife and I bought our 1st house about 10 months ago. It is a brand new house. We took the keys in September. When we bought the house, we signed agreements that the house is our primary residence, that we would not immediately sell it, and that we would occupy it. Everyone who bought in our division signed the same agreements. I thought the agreements were fair and I looked forward to having other homeowners for neighbors.
    Well now both the houses on either side of us are occupied by renters. The buyers never lived in the houses. They were vacant for several months, and I began to worry. About 2 months ago one family of renters moved into one of the houses, and today another family of renters moved into the house on the other side.
    I am pissed. Do I have any recourse? Should I contact a Real Estate attorney? Am I a snob for being upset about having renters for neighbors?
    The agreement was probably with your lender not the builder.
    but even if it was unless there is a homeowners ass you can't do much.

marty722
    good neighbors enjoy them. Your going to spend alot of $$$ fighting and your not going to get anything out of it. I went through the samething a few years back....

ColeTR2
    I'd put up a for sale by owner sign in front of your house, and see if you get a call from anyone.

Flying Tiger
    You do a search and find who their lender is, then:
    Report the property.
    Then the lender will juice up the owners %.
    Also, you can make sure the property owner reports the rental income by ratting them out to the IRS.
    That's how we harass them around here.

ROZ
    Sell or rent?
    According to the IRS, a person has to live in a home 2 out of 5 years to not be income property asset.... it doesn't say when the 2 years need to be.. not consecutive either..
    I look at it this way... Provided the renters are good and the houses are kept up, karma will be in your favor if you "suck it up"... You said this is your 1st home. It will likely not be your last. Down the road you may decide to rent out a residence when you move up to a biger and better home. It would be nice to not have pissed neighbors to work with..
    Also, rentals won't do much devaluation if at all. A surplus in your neighborhood will...
    I don't have rental property, but would like to have one or two some day...

BadKachina
    Are the renters bad people because they rent? My neighbor is an ass and he owns his house. They could be nice people, we live close to Luke AFB, alot of pilots rent houses in this neighborhood for a couple of years at a time because they don't know when they will have to move again.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    (shaking my head)
    Big brother is your neighbor.
    I know, you feel that renters don't take care of the residence like homeowners would and they will ultimately bring your property value down, but come on! You're thinking about filing suit over this?

haulina29
    The agrement has nothing to do with the lender its with the builder its common in these times to sign a contract like mentioned with the buyer to keep investors out . I do think its bullshit . After your home closes the lender could careless who lives in it if the payments are made . Before it closes thats a different story .

bigq
    You sir are a snob. I am renting right now and take good care of the house I am in. I have seen home owners move into newhomes and the place goes to hell.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast