Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: what ski/race boats competed against Schiadas in 80's and 90's?

bonesfab
    22's have a bit more room than the 21's. I have a 22 and a few freinds have 21's. Big enough to enjoy the lake. My 22 seats 6 comfy. The extra freeboard is nice also. Twin turbos under a flat hatch is good for the family.

I have always liked this pic it takes some big pony's to carry the bow like that.:sqeyes:
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...adahungout.jpg

84 cougar
    Cougar--
    I loved the Rayson flatties back in the day. Would be very interested in Raysons ski/race stuff. The Ruskie boat sounds nice but the whole Twin Turbo BBC spooks me. It's not just de-tuning the engine. The gears would probably be wrong in the box, the prop "just needs to be changed". New frames,mounts, upholstery, flooring etc... I'm going to avoid that can of financial woop ass this time around, if I can.. Your dads Sanger... I'm from Fresno, so I know Sanger. Love the heritage and history. What would the Pad on the bottom do as far as stability. Is it weight/balance sensitive? Does it "fall off the pad" if the balance isn't just right??Interesting though. Any pics?
    Flatties
    The pad on the bottom is for added stability at all speeds, especially top end. It prevents the boat from chime walking. I drove the boat when my dad first bought it w/mild tune up, and it when 91mph straight as an arrow. He has had it 2 years now, and it is, and has always been turnkey and completely trouble free. The boat was originally located at Clear Lake, where my father continually tried to purchase. The original owner died,temporarily changed hands, then my father got it. Dads went through a divorce, and his boatimg lifestyle is forced to change.. I'll get him on here to post some pics, and answer any more questions you might have.

flatties forever
    Flatties
    The pad on the bottom is for added stability at all speeds, especially top end. It prevents the boat from chime walking. I drove the boat when my dad first bought it w/mild tune up, and it when 91mph straight as an arrow. He has had it 2 years now, and it is, and has always been turnkey and completely trouble free. The boat was originally located at Clear Lake, where my father continually tried to purchase. The original owner died,temporarily changed hands, then my father got it. Dads went through a divorce, and his boatimg lifestyle is forced to change.. I'll get him on here to post some pics, and answer any more questions you might have.
    Look forward to the pics. Thanks for the info!!

flatties forever
    I have always liked this pic it takes some big pony's to carry the bow like that.:sqeyes:
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...adahungout.jpg
    Beautiful pic Hallett. Thanks. But isn't that a Schiada??? Is that the Schiada Vector??? I guess that's like I'm "flatties forever", but I'm looking at boats that are definitely not flat... Hmmm...
    Again, beautiful boat!

RUSHIN ROULETTE
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/rushin.jpg
    only needs 800 ponies and pump gas to run 102 on gps and full tanks of gas. Delta pads work awesome

steveo143
    I have a 21' DiMarco, same bottom as Spectra and Howard. The deck was redone by DiMarco and the dash was moved 18" forward. Used to seat 8 with twin turboed BBC and T400. In my opinion, these bottoms are faster than Schiada's with power being equal. I am doing a complete restoation and will probably cut in a delta pad. I've already lenghtened the center liifting strakes 4'. Motor will be at least 1200hp as opposed to previous 800.

flatties forever
    I have a 21' DiMarco, same bottom as Spectra and Howard. The deck was redone by DiMarco and the dash was moved 18" forward. Used to seat 8 with twin turboed BBC and T400. In my opinion, these bottoms are faster than Schiada's with power being equal. I am doing a complete restoation and will probably cut in a delta pad. I've already lenghtened the center liifting strakes 4'. Motor will be at least 1200hp as opposed to previous 800.
    Steveo-- Got any pics prior to resto?? Would love to see. What year? How long was your DiMarco made? Thanks for the input.
    Good luck on your resto!
    FF

05schiada
    Here's a pic of mine Twin Turbo Fuel Injected under a lowered custom hatch.
    I know that there were many different ski race boats that raced all with sucess. Today it seems that a Hallett 210 or a Cyclone with an outdrive seems to be prefered by some , but the cost is enormous compared to a Schiada with a v-drive in it. There are some out there just got to keep an eye out for them

flatties forever
    Here's a pic of mine Twin Turbo Fuel Injected under a lowered custom hatch.
    I know that there were many different ski race boats that raced all with sucess. Today it seems that a Hallett 210 or a Cyclone with an outdrive seems to be prefered by some , but the cost is enormous compared to a Schiada with a v-drive in it. There are some out there just got to keep an eye out for them
    05 schi,
    That's gorgeous. Not interested in anything with an outdrive. I know outdrives are efficient and fast, but I don't care. I'm not trying to win a championship. I like the way a v-drive feels and I love the way they look.. The prop is supposed to be under the boat. IMO. Thanks for the input.
    FF

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast