Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuel Pressure Regulator Question...

you can plug the bypasses if you want to

Longstr
    Why not get a 4 port dead head regulator? Not sure a bypass can be used as a deadhead.
    So this is my setup, Electric pump, regulator screwed directly into pump outlet side, then off regulator one line goes to carb, the other goes to gage, is this hurting anything?
    I recently had a new motor build 427 60 over roller the gage was reading 15 psi of fuel, caused gas to get into the oil, lost alot of oil pressue because gas thinned it out put it on trailer, changed oil added a regulator, and now got the pressue set at 8 psi at idle, pulls around 7 psi at WOT. Seems to have solved my problem, just want to make sure this is an accurate way to read the fuel PSI. :idea:

Sleeper CP
    :
    I recently had a new motor build 427 60 over roller the gage was reading 15 psi of fuel, caused gas to get into the oil, lost alot of oil pressue because gas thinned it out put it on trailer, changed oil added a regulator, and now got the pressue set at 8 psi at idle, pulls around 7 psi at WOT. Seems to have solved my problem, just want to make sure this is an accurate way to read the fuel PSI. :idea:
    No doubt you had a problem. The needle and seat are only good for 9psi.
    The way you are doing it now is fine. Bypass regulators are best for fuel pump life although I don't run one.
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

Longstr
    No doubt you had a problem. The needle and seat are only good for 9psi.
    The way you are doing it now is fine. Bypass regulators are best for fuel pump life although I don't run one.
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover
    GREAT... thanks for the reply...

Wazoo
    Aeromotive and Barry Grant both have dead head 4 port regulators. They both run between $200-$250. Your budget my dictate what route you decide to go. I run the Aeromotive 4 port pro stock regulator with a Magnafuel 500 pump. The pump has the return line on it. I recommend a return line of some sort. It keeps the fuel pump cool and eliminates cavitation. It also keeps the fuel pressure steady.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12