Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stem cell research

FOXMAN
    Now that a UW Madison scientist has found a way to use skin cells instead of embryo cells, what will be then next road block put up by the government to slow down research?? One wonders where they would be at if not for our elected officials.

bigq
    Don't know why they would have a problem with skin cells?
    How are they slowing down research anyway, the private sector continues the research the gov just won't fund it.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Don't know why they would have a problem with skin cells?
    How are they slowing down research anyway, the private sector continues the research the gov just won't fund it.
    Considering how much money our Govt wastes, throwing a few bones behind stem cell research seems like the least the Feds could do. IMO, this is something that should be at the top of our game.

Blown 472
    Considering how much money our Govt wastes, throwing a few bones behind stem cell research seems like the least the Feds could do. IMO, this is something that should be at the top of our game.
    Cant make those good god fearin christians mad now. How many billions wasted to kill people that could have been used to save lives. Sad.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Cant make those good god fearin christians mad now. How many billions wasted to kill people that could have been used to save lives. Sad.
    That's what I'm talkin' about. It is sad.

Old Texan
    Here we go with another Political ball tossed into the air to be batted around aimlessly well attached to conspiracy theory and another attempt to keep the little man down.
    "Stem Cell Research", the cure all for everything from Aids to the common cold, stifled once again by those in the White House keeping immortality to themselves.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Here we go with another Political ball tossed into the air to be batted around aimlessly well attached to conspiracy theory and another attempt to keep the little man down.
    "Stem Cell Research", the cure all for everything from Aids to the common cold, stifled once again by those in the White House keeping immortality to themselves.
    Great response Tex
    In your eyes "Stem Cell Research" falls in the same category with Global warming. Denial must be a warm, fuzzy and safe place to hide.

Old Texan
    Great response Tex
    In your eyes "Stem Cell Research" falls in the same category with Global warming. Denial must be a warm, fuzzy and safe place to hide.
    There you go making assumptions again.
    The whole controversy lies in the source of the stem cells. The Liberals again spin the whole issue into a "Bush Bash". Stem cell research is alive and well, it just isn't the Holy Grail of cure alls the Bush detractors make it out to be. The issue is more cannon fodder for you Bushie haters.
    Tell us where stem cell research is being decimated so badly by lack of funding????? I'm sure you can come up with some Michael J. Fox and John Edwards quotes to enlighten us with.

centerhill condor
    You have stem cells that can be manipulated for the advancement of science without the religious outrage.
    I thought we already killed this chicken back in 10/06....not really news now is it?
    CC

ULTRA26 # 1
    There you go making assumptions again.
    The whole controversy lies in the source of the stem cells. The Liberals again spin the whole issue into a "Bush Bash". Stem cell research is alive and well, it just isn't the Holy Grail of cure alls the Bush detractors make it out to be. The issue is more cannon fodder for you Bushie haters.
    Tell us where stem cell research is being decimated so badly by lack of funding????? I'm sure you can come up with some Michael J. Fox and John Edwards quotes to enlighten us with.
    Talk about spinning.
    The above pretty much states how I feel about the issue.
    We all know where the controversy lies Tex and that support or lack thereof is based on pro-life or pro-choice, Christian Right or not. Just to clarify, I am anti-abortion but pro-choice.
    I am saying that this science needs more Federal funding. Sarcastic use of MJ Fox, is par.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast