Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stem cell research

Schiada76
    Here we go with another Political ball tossed into the air to be batted around aimlessly well attached to conspiracy theory and another attempt to keep the little man down.
    "Stem Cell Research", the cure all for everything from Aids to the common cold, stifled once again by those in the White House keeping immortality to themselves.
    First the libs would need to know the difference between adult stem cell research and fetal stem cells. That'll never happen.

ULTRA26 # 1
    First the libs would need to know the difference between adult stem cell research and fetal stem cells. That'll never happen.
    I'm surprised to hear you chime in on this. Are you a pro-life atheist?

Old Texan
    Abortion is another big waste of air time. It should be a State issue, not a federal issue and it is continually being used as an issue of electing a President. I personally could care less about how a Presidential candidate views abortion. The office of President of the USA is beyond the issue of abortion rights, too many major issues need attention. If as you have stated before, feel Abortion Rights are a major campaign issue, we are in complete disagreement.
    Ultra if you want to follow around in the footsteps of Fox and Edwards feel free, but you are missing the whole point. This research is far better off being done in the private sector and doesn't need government bureaucracy to inhibit work. You claim to want less government in our lives but continue to push for government funding and intervention in every facet of our society.
    And what is sarcastic about bringing MJ Fox into the conversation, he "is" one of the spokesmen for the subject, touting the need to for more work. I just haven't seen the evidence that Stem Cells are the great cure all he claims and disagree that the problem is lack of "Federal Funding". If the private sector turns up any real progress, I'm sure funding will be there. You're naive if you think otherwise.

ULTRA26 # 1
    Abortion is another big waste of air time. It should be a State issue, not a federal issue and it is continually being used as an issue of electing a President. I personally could care less about how a Presidential candidate views abortion. The office of President of the USA is beyond the issue of abortion rights, too many major issues need attention. If as you have stated before, feel Abortion Rights are a major campaign issue, we are in complete disagreement.
    Ultra if you want to follow around in the footsteps of Fox and Edwards feel free, but you are missing the whole point. This research is far better off being done in the private sector and doesn't need government bureaucracy to inhibit work. You claim to want less government in our lives but continue to push for government funding and intervention in every facet of our society.
    And what is sarcastic about bringing MJ Fox into the conversation, he "is" one of the spokesmen for the subject, touting the need to for more work. I just haven't seen the evidence that Stem Cells are the great cure all he claims and disagree that the problem is lack of "Federal Funding". If the private sector turns up any real progress, I'm sure funding will be there. You're naive if you think otherwise.
    This research is far better off being done in the private sector and doesn't need government bureaucracy to inhibit work. You claim to want less government in our lives but continue to push for government funding and intervention in every facet of our society
    More Federal funding is my point. Just as I believe that there should be more Federal funding in finding cures for cancer, as well. Noone said anything about intervention.
    You're naive if you think otherwise The great and powerful Tex has spoken.

eliminatedsprinter
    This research is far better off being done in the private sector and doesn't need government bureaucracy to inhibit work. You claim to want less government in our lives but continue to push for government funding and intervention in every facet of our society
    More Federal funding is my point. Just as I believe that there should be more Federal funding in finding cures for cancer, as well. Noone said anything about intervention.
    You're naive if you think otherwise The great and powerful Tex has spoken.
    More control of the purstrings = more absolute control. The gov never gives funding without bureaucratic interference.:idea:

ULTRA26 # 1
    More control of the purstrings = more absolute control. The gov never gives funding without bureaucratic interference.:idea:
    Are there not Federal grants where the Govt doesn't get overly involved? Seems there are.

Old Texan
    Are there not Federal grants where the Govt doesn't get overly involved? Seems there are.
    Naive or just argumentative? The private sector has plenty of funding for result oriented research. Government grants too many times just keep the program in motion regrdless of results.
    Question for ya.... If you have a serious disease which doesn't have a cure and you are mega rich, who are you going to give your money to for the development of a cure, the best research scientists money can buy or turn your bucks over to a government grant facility on some name campus or foundation using grad assistants and tenured professors?

ULTRA26 # 1
    Naive or just argumentative? The private sector has plenty of funding for result oriented research. Government grants too many times just keep the program in motion regrdless of results.
    Question for ya.... If you have a serious disease which doesn't have a cure and you are mega rich, who are you going to give your money to for the development of a cure, the best research scientists money can buy or turn your bucks over to a government grant facility on some name campus or foundation using grad assistants and tenured professors?
    Again, do as I say and not as I do. You're getting good at this. Not naive or argumentative. I have a valid point whether you accept it or not.
    Sorry I don't believe in privatized everything Tex. You just keep supporting billions being spent on war, and I will continue to ask that some of our taxes get directed at a few more positive causes. And you call me naive?
    You folks in TX march to a different drummer, than the rest of the nation. We are all aware of this.
    You need to get over believing that you have the only valid opinion.

Schiada76
    I'm surprised to hear you chime in on this. Are you a pro-life atheist?
    I think abortion should be MANDATORY if you can't show the financial wherewithal to raise a child.:devil:
    What is it with you libs and your fascination with killing babies anyway?

Schiada76
    Notice, ulib makes no attempt at debating adult vs fetal stemcells.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast