Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another issue in Havasu...

BigDoug
    Another issue in Havasu...
    Im told from my pool service guy that a snowbird got upset after washing his car and driving home, it got all dirty again from pool drainage running down the street, so he complained to the city. For those of you who have a pool will be affected as well as me "mobile detailers" "marine shops" "mechanic shops" etc. Anybody that uses water and it runs down the street can be fined for the first offense $150, second $300 third is criminal offence and a fine not to exceed $4533.00 and a jail sentance of up to 180 days.
    The city propsed a solution for the pool guys out here: Work only mon-thur and between the hours of 10pm-5am (not a misprint) and if you drain any other time the above as mentioned will be enforced.
    It's ok if the city can open a fire hydrant as they do on a routine basis for hours at a time, god forbid a snowbird drives through it again. I as a mobile detailer hate to go through water myself, i will turn around and use another alternate route, the roads being torn up by the city is bad enough too.
    The pool drainage has been going on for many many years and now someone complains, im sure most of the city people have pools themselves.
    There is a number you can call to voice your opinion since alot of you live in Cali, 928-453-4140
    Rest assured this will affect your favorite marine mechanic, moble detailer and you, if you have a pool that needs to be drained every year or every other.
    What is your opinion on this ?

Warlockjer
    It's not just the Snow birds that get upset. I see nothing wrong with draining the pools at night. It is a daily occurance and I for one like to keep my STUFF clean. Just one mans opinion

mikec500s
    wah wah wah wah wah

lalhc
    Us Cali people are used to all the sprinkler run-off we always run through - which pisses me off. My home in Havasu does have a pool and it brings up another question for me. My street does not have curbs and if I drain my pool it could flow in some of my neighbors yards. I guess I'll have to see what happens when I have to drain it.

BigDoug
    Warlockjer, i agree with you 100% since i have to clean my truck and detail trailer after going through water, it's hard enough doing others peoples stuff and then come home to clean mine too !!
    It's just been an issue for many years and we have to deal with !!

How about when the city water service to the meter starts
    leaking becouse they didn't back fill with sand. they are leaking
    all over the town, i think they should get nailed for that to seems
    to be a big problem. :argue:

cc322
    Hate to say it but I bet there are a few more reasons behind it. Az laws will follow alot of cali laws pertaining to water quality and the lake. Out here in Cali we cannot bleed a fire hydrant any more like we use to, we must capture it before it runs into the ocean, along the same lines as Havasu no wanting the water to run and collect urban run off and get carried away into the lake as to pollute it. When we do bleed a hydrant we must use chlorine tabs in the gutter before it goes into the storm drain, imagine that domestic drinking water must be chlorinated before it hits the ocean? And yes mobil detailers must collect all there run off as well, not enforced in the city of irvine. I am not sure but does the runoff flow into the lake? I have seen very few storm drains out there. I would assume this is a lake water quality issue.

ROZ
    In cali. I thought carwash runnoff was already "illegal" , but just not enforced...
    My driveway is flat and water runs into my yard. My parents driveway is sloped, so we wash our cars on the grass..
    Are these homes septic or sewer? The city could make it manditory for new construction pools on sewer put a backwash drain into it.. All my commercial pools go into the sewer...

cc322
    In cali. I thought carwash runnoff was already "illegal" , but just not enforced...
    My driveway is flat and water runs into my yard. My parents driveway is sloped, so we wash our cars on the grass..
    Are these homes septic or sewer? The city could make it manditory for new construction pools on sewer put a backwash drain into it.. All my commercial pools go into the sewer...
    Most citys it is illegal to wash cars and not capture the runoff BUT it is rarely enfored at least in our city. If they enforce it they would have to enforce the restaurants washing all the stuff they wash out side we see it all the time. But the laws are getting stricter,there is allready a program called FOG fats oil and grease and it is geared toward restarunts cleaning there grease traps. We respond to alot of spills frome private grease traps and the results are usually infrequent cleaning of the traps, this leads to the ocean and causes closures. Water quality and the envirment are a very big topic right now as Cali makes laws other states seem to follw at least in enviorment laws.

Seadog
    Federal law prohibits allowing treated water into any watershed. Even flushing hydrants, which is a necessary maintenance task, can be prohibited. It is one of those areas that can be wrong and right at teh same time. Some utilities have gone to system that remove the chlorine from the water during flushing. Very expensive.
    If someone complains, any city or state agency would have no recourse but to respond. Even watering the grass can legally be considered unlawful discharge of treated water. Most regulators will not waste their times on this, but once a formal complaint is registered, it gets tied up in the process.
    The best way to destroy any business is to enforce the regulations. We must follow the spirit of the regulations, but when the lawyers go beyond that, it is impossible to comply. It is like the regulations concernign handicap access. It is one thing to make sure that reasonable efforts exist to allow handicap access, but when a 1/4" height variation is used to sue a restaurant, it is ridiculous.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast