Thread: V drive cruiser coolers Q

Icarus prospector
    Getting water in/out of the engine, yeah that part I've got figured, though I'm hmming and hawing about the need for a thermostat...
    My question is, As I'm running a cooler for the engine and another for the trans, would it be preferable to run seperate pickups and dumps for each or what? I'm figuring on keeping the engine seperate as that's where the heat is and dumping the water from the trans to the CAsale and then out. Yeah?
    Thanks in advance.

steveo143
    I run 1 pickup for engine, 1 for intercooler, and 1 for oilcooler, transcooler, the v-drive.

MKEELINE
    I run 1 pickup for engine, 1 for intercooler, and 1 for oilcooler, transcooler, the v-drive.
    Ditto.

bubbletop409
    Had a 21 Howard DC with a 454, T-400, Casale combo. Has two #10 pick ups mounted on the plate, Teed into a 3/4 feed to the pump, to coolers, to exhaust, to engine, to riser dumps, all in #10 hose. Trans cooler on one side, engine oil on the other. Still only ran 160 max. V-drive had a seperate pick up and dump.

ol guy
    78 Eliminator, trans and v-drive separate. Water to logs then motor, no oil cooler and motor runs 170-190, right where it should be. M

Icarus prospector
    So no need for thermostats, I take it? I'm in No Cal and will be in Tahoe as well. Are you following the plumbing route for the logs as described on Glenwoods site?