Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Custom 21' Eagle Tunnel 720 HP, 100MPH

Warp Speed
    Man,
    I understand 10,000 for a super pump, can't have more than 12,000 in that engine. That leaves about 45,000 for the boat without drive train!
    I don't care if it will jump logs or not, that a bunch of $$$$$$!
    Like I said before.......DAMN!!!
    A steal?!?!?!
    Warp Speed

Xerophobic
    There is alot more than $12k in that engine. The base engine is 14K at Summit and Jegs and there was some extensive work done to make this engine dead reliable on pump gas in a jetboat environment. Add in Lightnings and everything else to make the engine marine freindly and you'll see it adds up fast
    Cheers

Placecraft Dragstar
    Why do you want to add up what you have into a boat, we all can say to freakin much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    All the little details add up fast.

Smitty19
    what kind of work in a pump bring that up to 10K?

what kind of work in a pump bring that up to 10K?
    Pay attention laddies Look closely at the pump, that is a two piece billet suction housing 5K plus it's self. Just think of what the boat don't have, it's pretty well loaded.

Rvr Swpr
    [QUOTE=Warp Speed;2915418]Awesome looking boat with some trick stuff in it.
    But 70K for a 100mph boat???
    Sharp boat. The fact that it has a 70k price tag really shows why the economy is stalling,nothing is priced on value,it's all speculation.Not good.

Xerophobic
    [QUOTE=Warp Speed;2915418]Awesome looking boat with some trick stuff in it.
    But 70K for a 100mph boat???
    Sharp boat. The fact that it has a 70k price tag really shows why the economy is stalling,nothing is priced on value,it's all speculation.Not good.

Its unreal what gets said in these posts! Tell me you think this boat is worth? or what "value" it has?
    The comment on the pump is bang on. 2 peice suction housing from billet. Who else makes them? Nobody. We don't make a ton, they are machined for us in small batches and they are, as said, over 5 K for just the bare housing! Im going to guess thats also not your run of the mill A2 impeller in there. And of course dont forget the fabricated steel nozzle(try making one of those before you suggest what one is worth)
    The hull itself is $13500 completely bare, add in painted gas tanks(fabricated), complete rig, full custom interior with dual race seats that are over a grand a peice AND have been custom reupholstered on top of that. Oh then you want to do a 3 tone paint job on the boat.
    Then we can get into the motor. Im not 100% aware of what was done to this motor exactly but I do know it was reworked by someone very familiar with what it takes to make a marathoin jetboat motor that can last hours and hours at WOT. I'm willing to bet there was an equivilant amount of work done to the motor than what it cost initially. (lets say the motor is about $30)
    Drop that on a custom trailer and tell me you can build that boat for what its being sold for.
    oh and btw this boat was built in Alberta Canada, our economy isn't "stalling"
    Cheers

HM
    That is a nice boat.
    Nobody pays attention to the backyard mechanics who claim stuff is too expensive except for their lame broke-ass buddies and they all have broken down cars in their front yard...but they own them outright!!!! They don't have a friggen clue about stuff they can't get at pep boys. And, they can't stay on the gas for more than 10 seconds without putting a hand on the bible praying their shiat won't grenade. Marathon engines, even when only developing moderate power require a shiat load of expensive internals and need to be built by guys in the know.
    Will the boat sell for that much in the U.S.? The market for that boat is probably fairly niche and the guys that buy those kind of boats probably know the value. I like that you have been giving your boats a lot of profile on ***boat...they are way cool boats and I bet the usual jetters could learn a LOT from what you guys have done.
    I don't know if I'd ever buy one, but I definite want to take a ride in one!!!

Xerophobic
    That is a nice boat.
    Nobody pays attention to the backyard mechanics who claim stuff is too expensive except for their lame broke-ass buddies and they all have broken down cars in their front yard...but they own them outright!!!! They don't have a friggen clue about stuff they can't get at pep boys. And, they can't stay on the gas for more than 10 seconds without putting a hand on the bible praying their shiat won't grenade. Marathon engines, even when only developing moderate power require a shiat load of expensive internals and need to be built by guys in the know.
    Will the boat sell for that much in the U.S.? The market for that boat is probably fairly niche and the guys that buy those kind of boats probably know the value. I like that you have been giving your boats a lot of profile on ***boat...they are way cool boats and I bet the usual jetters could learn a LOT from what you guys have done.
    I don't know if I'd ever buy one, but I definite want to take a ride in one!!!
    Offer him 60K and you may be able to take all the rides you want! haha
    You're right on the money tho, sometimes I wonder if anyone looks at the prices of any new boats these days...
    This boat has a limited market up here too. We do have a healthy economy due to all the oil in Alberta but it does take a special kind of guy who wants to rip up the river in that kind of style and do it at 100+.
    The boat was origionally built for a half owner of this company but sold before it ever even saw use(he became committed to an overseas project and had no time for boating) The current owner bought the boat to use it as a pre runner boat for the worlds race and after serving that purpose its now up for sale. He has replaced it with a 'tamer' sport boat with a windsheild and heater etc which, rather ironically, will probably be almost as fast as this one haha (that boat actually uses his A class race boat engine :O )
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../DSCF0044r.JPG
    Cheers

Warp Speed
    That is a nice boat.
    I hear ya big daddy!$!$!
    Warp Speed

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast