Thread: Jungle Boy

canuck1
    Dave
    where is a good place to get that new impeller fixed? Apparently the upper red doesn't like me

Jungle Boy
    canuck1:
    Dave
    where is a good place to get that new impeller fixed? Apparently the upper red doesn't like me Call Dale at Outlaw. He may be able to do it. What happened to it.

canuck1
    The leading edges got bent back just behind the hardening. I would say acouple of rocks ate it...opps

canuck1
    BTW the new motor turned 5900 on the test flight before it started to cav, a little more wedge and its ready to go

Jungle Boy
    5900 RPM on that impeller is good. Wedge will not help cavitation. If it's cavitating, you may want to put a shim under the grate. If you remove the grate and make a pattern, you can make a 3/16" shim to lower the grate angle. If it's cavitating, you may be losing intake pressure and that's very bad on high reving engines. It will crack your flex plate if your lucky, if not your, the crank can break. Check to see the entry angle on the front of the grate is smooth and the same shape as the leading edge of the intake. I had the same problem with my 19' after I put the 434 in it and a little hammer work and shim made a huge difference on intake pressure. After you find the right combination, silicon the back side of the grate & shim. We are house boating on Kookinusu on Aug 4 - 7. I may be dragging the 19' boat with us. Stop by if you are in the area.
    [ July 11, 2003, 05:58 AM: Message edited by: Jungle Boy ]

Jungle Boy
    dang, double post
    [ July 11, 2003, 05:57 AM: Message edited by: Jungle Boy ]